We build trust among our communities and our people by cultivating the right team for every job. We are committed to fostering a creative and collaborative culture with a focus on career growth and balance in the workplace.
AP has diligently built a strong foundation of expertise, experience and exceptional results. We continually invest in our talented team by providing the latest tools, technologies and training necessary to stay ahead of the curve. We set our employees up for long-term success through mentorship opportunities and professional growth and advancement for every person in every role.
We recognize the contributions of our team members with unique experiences and capabilities and strive to establish a work environment that maximizes our collective potential. Going beyond the build for our employees lays a strong foundation for success across AP. We commit to a balanced, value-centered work environment for meaningful projects, careers and talent.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is hiring for a Project/Field Engineer for projects in Summit County. The Project/Field Engineer will work with Project Managers and Superintendents to review, analyze, and resolve field construction problems and discrepancies. S/he will also develop project reports, schedules, and analyses for assigned project scopes and serve as a liaison to subcontractors and/or client representatives.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Take personal responsibility for working safely within an incident and injury free culture.
- Provide interpretation of plans, detail sheets, and specifications for contractors and/or trade Foremen, Leadmen, and other supervisors.
- Review shop drawings before issuance to subcontractors and filings.
- In collaboration with others, create subcontractor agreements.
- Verify/maintain exterior/interior grade and working lines for contractors or crafts.
- Monitor and respond to purchase requests, field orders, change orders, and architectural supplement instructions.
- Review, verify, and submit team member time sheets.
- Update team members and management on the status of project metrics, progress, and prices.
- Order and monitor owner supplied materials.
- Make recommendations to resolve scheduling and project issues.
- Analyze and coordinate project progress, costs, budgets, and cash flow.
- Assist with reviewing project plans for constructability and cost feasibility; complete project risk assessments and scope of work matrices.
- Monitor project schedules and provide input for problem resolution and schedule revisions daily. Update schedules and write reports as required.
- Collaborate as part of the project team to ensure timely and quality results for the client.
- Participate with the preparation of bid packages, final estimates, change orders, and punch lists.
- Help implement the project safety program at job sites and monitor compliance.
- Monitor AP’s quality management programs for compliance.
- Assist with project pre-bid conferences and progress meetings.
- Help prepare pre-final punch-lists and check payment requests.
- Liaison with and create positive communications with clients, subcontractors, other professional organizations, and staff throughout the organization.
- Maintain the trade contractor/supplier log.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of experience and proven results including:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or related field and successful completion of a construction industry internship or one year of related construction experience. Experience in the areas of design, estimating, and/or field supervision preferred.
- Exposure to project accounting and contracts preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and recognize building plans and specifications, safety standards, and issues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Primavera, and Prolog.
- Exposure to value engineering, life cycle costing, and sustainability preferred.
- Current or ability to become current with OSHA 10 and company safety requirements.
- Physical agility to stand, sit, walk, climb, push, balance, and kneel.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and push up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to travel to project sites up to 70+ miles away.
- Willingness to work in various (sometimes extreme) climate conditions.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with diverse audiences.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful and lasting relationships.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account or Health Reimbursement Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
Estimated pay is $57.5-$72K plus bonus.
We are currently accepting applications for this role through March 1, 2024.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction’s (AP) ability to adapt and innovate has driven our success for more than 75 years. We are consistently ranked among the top construction managers and general contractors in the nation while maintaining one of the safest records in the industry. We bring positive and measurable change to the communities where we live, work and build. And we invest in new processes and technology to be operationally excellent and remain at the forefront of the ever-changing industry.
We have been committed to quality, innovation, safety and strong relationships since our beginning in 1946. AP offers preconstruction, construction and contracting services to commercial, education, healthcare, hospitality, industrial, multifamily, municipal, data center, and senior living markets with offices across Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, Texas, and Wyoming. We employ more than 650 team members who strive for excellence and embody loyalty, trust and genuine love for what they do.
We go beyond the build for our communities and our people.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer