J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc. is seeking a full-time Safety professional to oversee projects located primarily in New Jersey. The ideal candidate will have experience working with underground utilities such as water and gas.
Reinforce Creamer’s #1 core value of Safety. Coach & reinforce positive behaviors amongst employees to ensure compliance with OSHA, company, and customer Safety requirements.
Serve as a Safety resource to help with hazard identification, mitigation, and incident reduction to further enhance our culture towards a workplace of ZERO incidents. The Safety professional with help employees set their work up safely and to coach employees to identify and recognize unsafe behaviors and conditions & implement corrective actions and solutions.
- Lead by example
- Travel/drive to multiple job sites daily to conduct safety observations
- Assist in creating & conducting Job Hazard Analysis
- Assist with and/or perform safety related training with assistance, if needed
- Administer/assist with developing project specific health & safety programs (HASP)
- Conduct daily & weekly safety meetings
- Communicate hazards with employees, customers & Creamer project management
- Make recommendations/corrective actions to ensure compliance with OSHA, company, and customer safety policies
- Assist with investigation of near miss, first aid, injury, and property damage incidents to determine the root cause
- Participate in COVID related activities
- Assist with Safety Department projects
Qualifications / Skills
- HS Diploma
- OSHA 30
- OSHA 510 - OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry, strongly preferred
- 5-8 years safety related equivalent experience – preferably underground utility construction such as watermains & services, gas mains & services (OQ training certifications are a plus) with a concentration in excavation operations, earthwork, shoring/protective systems, safe digging, pile driving, foundations, etc.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment/crane operations is a plus
- Demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Ability to build rapport with field supervision and employees and maintain positive relationships
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
- Ability to manage sensitive information with high level of confidentiality
- Basic computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and active listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, highly organized, self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Bonus Program, Profit Sharing, Education Assistance, Training & Development