Provide administrative, clerical and support functions for agency. Duties include general clerical, receptionist, data entry, executive support, and consumer relations. Project a professional image through in-person and phone interaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer multi-line phone system and transfer calls to appropriate staff member.
- Be comfortable with use of portable headset.
- Communicate messages to staff in a timely and effective manner.
- Meet and greet consumers and visitors to agency in a professional and friendly manner.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, distribution of mail, ordering of supplies, setting up meetings, board room maintenance, maintain hard files, and preparing correspondence.
- Coordinate and maintain records for administrative staff.
- Distribute daily attendance information to agency. Record in online attendance folder.
- Collect and maintain information systems inventory, coordinating with administrative staff.
- Provides Information and Assistance (Requires ability to learn WellSky Harmony system)
- Promote agency and community programs and resources.
- Supports achievement of agency’s mission and vision and reflects its values in work behavior.
- Monthly program surveys/tabulation and other mailings.
- Stocking of informational brochures in racks.
- Agency event support.
- Office equipment supplies and maintenance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements
EDUCATION: Associates degree in office automation, administrative assistance, or word/office processing or related field preferred. High School diploma required. Significant secretarial or administrative support experience in lieu of degree will be accepted.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one to three years experience in an office environment or equivalent experience normally acquired through one to three years of clerical experience working in an office or administrative support role. Experience working with the public in a progressively more responsible role desired.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Basic math including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use professional telephone protocol and operate a multi-line phone system.
- Capacity for acute attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to comprehend written instructions, correspondence.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to questions from customers, vendors, social service personnel, and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Ability to interact with pleasant and friendly demeanor both on the phone and in-person with consumers and co-workers.
PREFERRED SKILLS: MS Office including Access, Excel, Word, Power Point etc. and Software programs specific to the agency for data gathering. Multi phone line knowledge. Eventual knowledge of WellSky participant database system.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to sit at a computer for long periods of time. May be required to perform repetitive motions of the hands, fingers and wrists to perform data entry. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must travel in all kinds of weather and have reliable transportation.