Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
Job Summary: Director of Operations
Under minimum supervision, identify and improve inefficiencies in processes, implement procedures required to improve operations, manage cost to budget, develop and manage operations schedule, manage employee OT and utilization, develop and manage Operational KPIs.
In addition, coordinates the purchasing of new equipment, manages the recruiting process to provide new team members to fulfill growth needs, sources and negotiates new properties and leases as needed. Additionally, this position assists in the overall purchasing process and provides support on ongoing operations processes.
- Oversight of Logistics Coordinator team
- Manage drivers throughout the fleet in partnership with the Logistics Team, Terminal Manager and Driver Recruiter
- Responsible for management of hours to reduce driver OT, ensure proper scheduling is in place to support daily business and manage pipeline of driver prospects to ensure appropriate level of new hiring is completed
- Oversight of safety and compliance for the Refined Transportation business unit
- Work with fleet manager to improve asset up-time and create cost improvements in the R&M expenses
- Compliance with customer scorecards and requirements to be the best-in-class provider
- Working with the entire operations team to ensure we are meeting or exceeding operational KPI’s including but not limited to Driver Hours, Load Size, Truck Utilization Route Optimization and Revenue per Truck
- Identify issues and improve efficiencies
- Down time management
- Personal development plans and goal setting for direct reports
- Must be willing to be on call 24/7/365 days of the year for emergency related issues
- Other duties assigned by site leadership as needed
Required Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Must have college degree.
- 5 years work experience in industry.
- 5 years managerial and supervisory experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Atlas Oil Company provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight and height or military status, in accordance with applicable federal laws.
The listed statements on this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. It is the responsibility of team members assigned to this job to ensure all duties and responsibilities are performed accurately and timely as required.