Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
The Head Start/Early Head Start Assistant Comprehensive Services Supervisor is a management position that assists with the supervision of Head Start/Early Head Start operations at a specific site. The position is responsible for building a team that will plan, implement and maintain a nurturing and supportive educational program for participating families and children. The position assists with the day-to-day implementation of all Head Start/Early Head Start components and DHS Licensing standards. The Assistant Comprehensive Services Supervisor assures that all Head Start families served at the site receive comprehensive program services.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; Full Day/Full Year;
Wage is $25.52 hourly.
*This position is eligible for a $1200 retention incentive after successfully completing 180 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance, program records and documentation required for HACAP programs, child-care licensing regulations, CACFP, Head Start Performance Standards, Head Start Act and funding requirements.
- Supervise, hire, and evaluate program staff working in classrooms and with families, including coordination of staff/volunteer schedules.
- Responsible for classroom oversight and management.
- In conjunction with supervisor promote a supporting environment that reinforces working together as a team.
- Fill in as substitute in a Head Start/Early Head Start classroom and perform job duties required to meet child ratios or to keep the site operational.
- Assist in Supervision and facilitation of the coordination of center services with the interdisciplinary team and other human service professionals toward service coordination.
- Inform Supervisor or Head Start/Early Head Start Director of center issues, which may affect program or agency compliance or image.
- Supervise the coordination of social service/parent involvement services at the center, and provide guidance to counselors, family and service staff.
- Oversee and attend parent committee meetings.
- Advocate for families in the program and encourage their participation in all levels of program activities.
- Develop an effective partnership with parents based on mutual trust and respect.
- Maintain ongoing communication both formal and informal with parents.
- Provide guidance to staff supervised.
- Promote a supporting environment that reinforces working together as a team.
- Participate in program assessment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education, OR
- Bachelor Degree in related field with eighteen (18) hours of coursework on Early Childhood Education
- One year supervisory experience
- Ability to read, comprehend and implement procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to relate to low-income people
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with age appropriate activities in the classroom and relate with children in a positive way
- Detail orientated
- Receive clearance by the Iowa Department of Human Services on child abuse and criminal checks prior to hire and resubmit every two (2) years.
- Pass a pre-employment health examination and subsequent health examinations every two (2) years thereafter.