The Receiver receives inbound materials, ensures accuracy and prepares material for storage.
Primary Job Duties:
- Counts and sorts incoming freight to verify receipt of items against shipping notice.
- Records and checks quantity and quality of goods received for conformity to PO specifications.
- Identifies and ensures proper documentation of non-conforming material.
- Performs proper material handling and packaging to ensure quality standards are met.
- Completes transactions using bar code scanner and computer system.
- Manages flow of materials into inbound area.
- Works efficiently to achieve or exceed performance targets for velocity, quality and cost.
- Understands and follows all ISO and 5S initiatives.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures and reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve department and company goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/ skill.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic personal computer skills.