Aberdeen Housing Authority is seeking a full-time Intake/Marketing Specialist who will be responsible for verifying rental assistance information and authorizing rental payments based upon Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contracts with landlords for intake process. Market all programs to both tenants and landlords within Aberdeen Housing Authority’s region. Make sure all aspects of program compliance are in accordance with HUD guidelines and requirements. Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm & Friday 8:00am-2:30pm.
What you will do:
- All new program participant files for the Housing Choice Voucher Program by meeting with potential tenants, verifying income, calculating HAP amounts, scheduling inspections and all other necessary requirements to house a participant
- Communication between AHA, tenants and landlords
- The Housing Choice Voucher waiting list, sending letters when instructed
- Timelines for Housing applicants regarding occupancy, applications, inspection deadlines, and reporting requirements to the Accounting Department
- Contact other agencies as necessary
- Knowledge of current housing regulations that pertain to program requirement
- Assist with clientele in person and via phone
- Generate reports as directed by program requirements
- Schedule and conduct Housing Choice Voucher briefings as needed
- Update, revise and maintain briefing file documents and Power Point presentations with HUD regulations for all programs and landlord briefings.
- Assist and educate landlords regarding program rules and required paperwork via meetings, mailings, and quarterly landlord newsletters.
- Update rent reasonableness
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels
- Develop and market the Housing Choice Voucher program to all counties to reach new landlords and participants
- Advertise through various means about all Aberdeen Housing Authority programs with emphasis on marketing any open units
- Attend appropriate seminars, conferences and/or job-related training
- Perform other related work as assigned by management
What you will need to be successful:
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, prioritize workload, process, and maintain large volumes of detailed paperwork simultaneously.
- Must have an agreeable and sociable disposition and be sensitive to the needs of others.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations quickly and accurately
- Ability to understand and interpret oral and written instructions
- Must have the ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner with knowledge of problem-solving techniques when dealing with the public and clientele
- Ability to demonstrate patience and tactfulness, without allowing client/tenant to over-utilize staff time.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and oral. Must be able to educate the general public
- Must have developed techniques for interviewing
- Ability to respect privacy and confidentiality of clients
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office to create reports and presentations
- Be willing to be trained in an unstructured, hands-on environment. Some training may be done by researching past historical data and procedures
- Able to utilize housing related guidebooks and resources.
- Ability to take initiative to search out new tasks and responsibilities
What we offer:
- Compensation $15-$18/hour (depends on education & experience)
- Benefit package including medical (employer pays a portion), dental and vision insurance; State Retirement (require participation with an employer match); paid Life Insurance; and AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays (Federal) including the Day after Thanksgiving & Christmas Eve
Interested in this great opportunity to join our team at Aberdeen Housing Authority, apply today!