We are seeking an experienced Life Safety Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for all installations/projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in both life safety and electrical estimating.
- Uses NLS Performance Values as tools to carry out all job responsibilities.
- Prepares detailed take-off of life safety materials, equipment and labor based on an accurate reading of blueprints and related documents.
- Represents the Company throughout the bid process.
- Ensure customer concerns are relayed through appropriate channels for resolution.
- Reviews bid package documentation, plans and proposal specifications to determine the scope of work and required contents of estimate for RFPs, RFQs and quotes.
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Practical Design-Build skill is a plus
- Proven experience as an estimator or similar position desired
- Familiarity with financial and project management principles
- In-depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong mathematic and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and reliability
- Knowledge of Computer based estimating software preferred.