Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in Atlanta, Georgia we are seeking an experienced Project Executive or Operations Director to join our team. Pending the candidates project portfolio, the Project Executive or Operations Director will lead the Atlanta Special Project Group (SPG). The primary role is to be the SPG Atlanta, GA leader ultimately responsible for all aspects of the success of the SPG business. This role ensures success through sales, preconstruction and operations including monitoring the processes, progress and results of the following: Client satisfaction, team effectiveness, employee development, financial goals, staffing and monthly reporting. Serving as the liaison between the SPG Group, the Business Unit Leader (BUL) and the main office, this role provides the support and resources that are needed by the SPG team members to perform their duties.
- Sales and Business Acquisition
- Preconstruction and Project Set-up.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on project pursuits
- Supervises the development of an organizational and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project and determines the resources needed for the project (e.g., people, tools, equipment, materials, internal and external services).
- Collaborate with our legal team to review and negotiate owner contracts.
- Collaborate with the operations team to coordinate and deliver all requirements for subcontractors and suppliers to meet project schedules.
- Supervise the process of project start-up.
- Oversee the development of the initial project schedule.
- Manage the strategic account process.
- Evaluate monthly project financial performance.
- Manage risk in accordance with company guidelines.
- Review and approve deliverables.
- Monitor budget, schedule, and quality.
- Participate in preconstruction meetings.
- Oversee the buy-out of the project.
- Verify accurate financial forecasting.
- Participate in development, execution and presentations of proposals.
- Oversee the finalization of any outstanding issues with Owner, Subcontractors, and Vendors at project closeout.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position.
- Fifteen years or more of commercial construction experience in the office.
- Seven years or more of direct supervisory experience.
- Experience with project manager software (Procore, P6, Timberline, etc.).
- Experience with cost projection, financial analysis, budget reviews, labor reports.
- Experience with JD Edwards or similar construction application(s).
- Project history backgrounds in interiors and commercial construction.
- Current or Previous working experience in an Operations Director or Project Executive commercial construction role.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.