Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
The GPS Technician or Construction Layout Field Engineer is responsible for providing a flow of construction layout data and machine control/survey models to maintain high field production levels by coordinating plan design data and schedules with field operations.
Including but not limited to:
- Create, manage and maintain project construction layout and construction data
- Establish and maintain standardized machine control / GPS survey models and construction survey data for project level operations.
- Delegate and Schedule work with the Field Operations
- Help create and implement Department Level Standard Operating Procedures Provide guidance to the Field Operations and Standard Operating Procedures for utilization of GPS Construction Layout Data
- Perform calculations such as alignments, drainage, structures and roadway modeling
- Create machine and data collector files for the projects
- Perform and assist with Quality Control on data calculated
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Kerr values
- And other duties as assigned
- 5 years' GPS & construction field layout and/or office software experience working on Heavy Civil Construction projects
- Familiar with a wide variety of Heavy Highway and Survey practices and principles
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook proficient.
- Fluent knowledge of Topcon and Ag TECH, and Civil 3D
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of tasks
- May lead and direct the work of others
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Competitive Wages
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
As an equal opportunity employer Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero tolerance drug policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English