McGuire and Hester is a construction company that provides complete site work services: pipelines, grading paving, concrete, landscape and mechanical. In addition to traditional project delivery methods, we are involved with design build projects and alternative delivery methods. McGuire and Hester has played an integral role in the construction of many of Northern California’s most recognizable landmarks and infrastructure projects. Our storied past crosses more than nine decades. Our mission statement is, “Together We Build Things Right” which encompasses our business philosophy as well as our values and culture. We have a team environment that focuses on the greater good, resulting in a fantastic place to work that positively impacts our business partners and community.
A Foreman is responsible for assigning and monitoring the work of the crew to ensure that the tasks are performed according to specifications, plans and approved material submittals.
- Aggressively focus on delivering the highest possible level of quality on all projects. Assure quality control and workmanship for assigned construction activities.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Superintendent and Project Manager to ensure proper coordination of the project. Preplan work activities with the PM/Superintendent to develop the best means and methods, including safety action plans.
- Develop defined activities for specific scopes of work.
- Identify “problem areas” early in the process and develop strategies to overcome obstacles.
- Communicate and coordinate with the onsite owner and subcontractors as necessary to ensure proper sequencing.
- Ensure that all resources including safety equipment, tools, materials, equipment and layout information are on the project and in site when needed and that it is being used correctly.
- Complete daily set-ups for dispatch.
- Conduct Daily Job site Hazard Analysis.
- Conduct and document “daily huddle” with the crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and schedule, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
- Ensure that the company safety program is enforced. Ensure safety compliance with all predetermined, communicated safety guidelines for all field personnel under your supervision.
- Maintain equipment logs.
- Communicate and document daily construction activities including site conditions, main items of work performed, materials delivered, trucking utilized, subcontractors on site, Cost Coded time for all labor and equipment utilized and any significant problems or concerns that affect the operation of the project or Company as a whole.
- Internally help foster an efficient productive environment with co-workers.
- Mentor and train field personnel under your supervision and help them to develop the skills and techniques that promote professional development.
- Maintain a positive image with the general public at all times.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED preferred; seven or more years
progressively responsible related field experience and technical expertise as a tradesperson
Language Skills: must be able to read and write in English; Spanish is helpful but not required
Mathematical Skills: basic math, plan reading and the ability to calculate tonnage, volume and area
Reasoning Ability: apply common sense understanding to carry out multiple step instructions. Deal with standardized situations with occasional variables
Computer Skills: must be able to learn and use various computer programs
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: CA driver’s license and a clean driving record; maintain current certifications for CPR/First Aid, OSHA 30, Asbestos Cement Pipe (Underground Foremen), Harassment Prevention for Supervisors, Competent Person Trenching and Shoring and Confined Space Entry/Rescue and any other certifications necessary for type of work performed.
$38.95 - $62.92 based on skills, experience and knowledge