The drivers function is to safely load and secure equipment to be moved from one location to another. This job description may also perform a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the workflow dictates.
Equipment Dispatcher, Foreman
Key Communication Partners
- Valid Class “A” CDL license and clean driving record
- Must have familiarity with the safe operation of construction and or paving equipment
- Responsible for the safe loading and unloading of construction and paving equipment
- Able to work day or night shifts as required
- Knowledge of all USDOT & FMCSA safety regulations
- Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections for leaks and damage to vehicle prior to operation
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if vehicle needs to be repaired
- Experience with air brakes and standard transmission
- Drive truck equipped with different trailer combinations
- Maintain completed pre and post trip DVIR
- Ability to calculate weights of equipment with truck/trailer combo to stay within DOT permitting restrictions and guidelines
- Knowledge of FMCSA cargo securement rules and regulations
- Required to carry a current medical examiners certificate (FMCSR part 391.41)
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Language Skills: must be able to read and write in English; bilingual in Spanish helpful but not required
Mathematical Skills: basic business math
Reasoning Ability: must have strong problem solving, analytical skills and reading comprehension and be able to deal with both standardized and non-standard situations with many variables.
Interpersonal Skills: the ability to interface and collaborate with a wide variety of people including clients, employees, managers, agencies and the public
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record
$37.90 - $41.90 per hour based on skills, experience and knowledge