The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. The Human Resource Coordinator makes that certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including recruiting, training maintenance, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Human Resource Manager
Key Communication Partners
All hiring managers, Dispatchers, Receptionist, Payroll Specialist, Safety and Training Officer, Safety Administrator, Corporate Counsel, IT Coordinator
- Administers in the onboarding process by preparing workspaces, compiling the appropriate new hire forms in preparation for orientation meetings. Assists in new hire orientation as needed.
- Compile new hire paperwork and ensures that is complete and correct. Enter hire information into Vista, Heavy Job, Dispatchers, Nice Touch, E-Verify, MVR Reports, Company Phone List, etc.
- Processes required paperwork for employee transfers, changes in job classification, salary increases, order credit card/gas cards, and other related employment matters such as terminations.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Administers and maintains Arcoro system keeping track of all applicants and disposition by responding with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Maintains applicant tracking spreadsheets and folders; sends applications and resumes to the appropriate managers for consideration and follows up on applicant status; drafts rejection letters for HR Manager as needed.
- Administer the Bonus Referral Program by quarter.
- Facilitates the process for interviewing and hiring qualified applicants for open positions. Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Tracks 30-, 60- and 90-day reviews for new hires.
- Tracks all quarterly reviews.
- Coordinates and prepares all material, banners, swag, etc. for all trade and career fairs
- Assist with various recruiting campaigns as needed.
- Puts together annual employment law binders and distributes to appropriate personnel
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Maintain I-9 folders according to Department of Homeland Security best practices.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Coordinate and assist in all team building activities.
- Assist with Summer intern program(s) – welcoming lunch, equipment rodeo & field trip
- Respond to unemployment claims, disability claims, verifications of employment, etc.
- Maintain DOT Employee Records and Logs in preparation for BIT Inspections; assist with random drug and alcohol testing program.
- Process all pull notices and DISA notifications into the proper files and scanned into Vista.
- Maintain and distribute “unauthorized to drive list”.
- Maintain EEO, Disability and application files.
- Administers and maintains ORG Charts and posted on the intranet sites
- Review and maintain all policies and get them posted on the corresponding intranet sites
- At the request of HR Manager or Corporate Counsel, produce reports and employee records for investigations, subpoenas, and audits.
- Ensure adequate, unexpired supply of new hire packets and drug testing materials.
- must be able to maintain confidential information and remain open to others’ ideas
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience. At least two years related experience required. PHR credential preferred. Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual preferred – Spanish.
Mathematical Skills: basic business math
Reasoning Ability: Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Computer Skills: be fluent in Google Workspace, Salesforce, HRIS or related software. Experience with Vista and Arcoro preferred.
People Skills: Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Besides a competitive salary and the best retirement package in the industry we offer:
- Company Vehicle
- Family medical, dental and vision
- Company Stock (ESOP)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sabbatical Program
- Personal Financial Planning
We are confident that our retirement plan is the best in the industry.
$25.00 - $35.00 based on skills, experience and knowledge