Job Title: Project Safety and QA Supervisor - AVANGRID
The Project Safety Supervisor reports to the Region 196 Safety Specialist to assure that the project work groups facilitate knowledge transfer, identify solutions, and foster the development of employees relative to health and safety. The company will provide additional training and teachings through our internal LMS as needed.
The candidate best suited for this role will be eager to engage in a world-class education and understands the importance of the annual ongoing requirements of the position, including attending training for certification from OSHA, National Safety Council, and the national RSS summit.
This position is based in Rochester NY and will support regional operations.
If you are interested in starting a career in the Electric, Gas, and Water Utility industry, Grid One Solutions is the right place for you!
With headquarters in Media, Pennsylvania, Grid One has deployment facilities across the United States and parts of Canada. Grid One is part of Asplundh Infrastructure Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Asplundh, a major supplier of outsourced field services to utilities and municipalities. Asplundh is a privately held company, founded in 1928, which currently employs over 33,000 people in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Exempt
Pay: Competitive Salary / Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage starting day one
- Retirement plan
- Company-provided life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance with spouse and child coverage options
- Choice of voluntary Aflac supplemental insurance programs
- Long-term disability
- Pre-paid legal plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Various employee discount programs and resources
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and evaluates data from health and safety programs to manage hazards in the work environment.
- Evaluates and oversee existing health and safety management programs to reduce risk in the work environment.
- Recommends and designs new workplace health and safety programs relative to risk management and hazard abatement.
- Develops action plans to control health risks and hazards to all employees in the workforce.
- Creates, modifies, and submits revisions to safety manuals and procedures as appropriate.
- Provides technical guidance and oversight to other company employees in support of producing high-quality, timely, and cost-effective solutions ensuring compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Compliance with the rules and regulations of federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Compliance with company and Customer safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct safety inspections of job sites for recognition and correction of safety hazards.
- Assist forepersons/employees with hazard analysis and safety corrective actions.
- Conduct accident, incident, and near-miss investigations and reporting.
- Perform/manage field safety audits, interacting with client site safety personnel.
- Communicate to various groups, including forepersons, project managers, and general contractors.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in the utility industries- electric and gas.
- Ability to oversee multiple crews and projects
- Knowledge of all applicable federal and state safety laws and regulations, including OSHA.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, training, and organizational skills.
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- OSHA 30 or OSHA 500 certificate (less than 5 years old).
- CPR/First Aid/AED certified Instructor or can obtain within 90 days.
- Working knowledge of electric and gas metering.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- A valid Driver's license is required.
- It is preferable that the candidate has or acquires the Gas OQ certifications required for the Avangrid project.
- Must be able to travel to all locations within the region and for storm work duties.
- Rare(less than 10%): Kneeling, Crawling, Pushing, and Pulling
- Occasional (up to 33%): Sitting, Stooping, Squatting, Body Twisting, Sense of Touch, Color Vision, Climbing Ladders, Climbing Stairs, and Balancing
- Frequent (up to 66 %): Standing, Walking, Manual Dexterity, Seeing Distant, Climbing On/Off a Truck, Gripping, Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., Reading, Reaching, Range of Motion, Depth Perception, Carrying, Lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Continuous (up to 100%): Speaking Clearly, Seeing, and Hearing – Speech Range
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
Energy is in our DNA - Here's what a day with our team looks like...
Grid One Solutions specializes in AMI deployments for electric, gas, and water utilities. In addition to smart grid implementation services for in-home displays and load control devices, Grid One performs meter readings, customer call center operations, field service work, joint use attachment surveys, storm support services, NESC clearance audits and utility asset inspections, construction and contractor management services, pole maintenance, pole restoration/reinforcement, infrared inspection, utility pole asset management solution, field system integrity surveys, gas meter corrosion mitigation and lead testing, and back-office services including secure data transfer and storage. In February 2012, Utility Meter Services, Inc. merged with Grid One, almost doubling the size of its operations in North America.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.