Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 10 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
This position will, with the Business Office Manager, ensure that the agency's policies and procedures related to fiscal operations are followed to ensure that adequate and correct financial data is maintained. This position also includes duties related to purchasing, payables, receivables, payroll, cash disbursements, posting and internal and external financial reporting procedures.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm; $21.10 -$23.13 hourly.
*This position is eligible for a $1200 retention incentive after successfully completing 180 days of employment.
- Checks documents for errors in accounting classification/mathematics unit prices/total/etc, and completeness or presence of supporting documents.
- Code transactions according to a chart of accounts.
- Prepare routine statements/schedules/statistical data from a limited number of accounts which are closely related.
- Checks accounts for accuracy of entries/posting/totals/balances.
- Performs routine posting in conjunction with other operations.
- Performs routine input/filing as required.
- Verifies the accuracy and completeness of accounting data and determines the general ledger accounts/journals and subsidiary accounts affected and accounting entries to be made.
- Posts entries to accounts or prepares the required forms to enter data into automated system/totals/entries at specified intervals.
- Establish/maintains/verifies necessary budget/fiscal/accounting records relating to the receipt and disbursement of funds.
- Reviews reimbursement claims.
- Summarizes accounts and transfers balances to established accounts/prepares work sheets or reports reflecting the reflecting the account status.
- Reviews records and source documents to identify the source of discrepancies and to determine corrective entries.
- Prepares and issues reports to reflect the financial condition of the various funds.
- Download billing files from Softactics when received and ensure accuracy while reviewing claims.
- Assist in payroll processing operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Associate Degree in Business and 1 years’ experience in private or public accounting - experience in fund accounting preferred.
Experience in all aspects of accounting, preparation, data entry and financial statements and all related reports.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid car insurance