Job Title – Project Superintendent
Location – Various domestic locations
*Typical projects are $75M - $150M in value.
Resumes are reviewed as submitted and staffed based on project need.
Rewards of Working at Caddell – Paid vacations, company paid holidays, company joint funding of medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability plans to full-time employees, 401k, gym membership reimbursement, and use of company condominiums.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the timely, cost-effective placement of the entire projects contracted work in the field.
- Supervises sub-contractors and craft workers and ensures that work is performed efficiently, profitably, in accordance with contract documents, safely, and on schedule.
- Supervises total construction efforts to ensure project is constructed safely in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Interfaces with client/owner representative, AE representative, subcontractors, etc.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control). Provides day-to-day coordination with onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc., as required.
- Supervises craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract. Responsible for craft hiring, placement and training.
- Conducts weekly subcontractor meetings to review progress and plan work.
- Manages all self-performed and subcontracted work to ensure quality and schedule integrity of all work in progress.
- Responsible for weekly labor cost reporting.
- Assumes responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Plans, coordinates and performs all work to ensure safety.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Working Conditions – Construction setting, travel required, full time. Must have the ability to crawl, climb, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, crouch, stand for longs periods of time, lift and hold in excess of 50lbs, talk, hear and occasionally sit. Must have the ability to withstand confined spaces and or/extreme heights while negotiating tasks at hand in a safe manner to themselves and/or others. Subject to hot, cold, humid and wet conditions depending on location.
- Reporting Structure – Project Manager / Construction Executive
What We Expect
Accountability is part of The Caddell Way and our employees share in a strong work ethic and positive team environment. There is a true sense of purpose and teamwork.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Strong leadership and good written and verbal communication skills required.
Education / Experience – High School or GED and 10-15 years experience as Supervisor or Superintendent on similar projects required. Prefer – QCM, OSHA30, Four year degree in Building Science, Construction Management or Engineering.
While the salary range is typically between $88,500 - $132,700 annually, applicants are encouraged to share compensation expectations as part of the application process. Caddell honors prior experience, education, and qualifications of applicants in order to make attractive and competitive offers.
Your career matters at Caddell. While we’re large enough to take on some of the most complex construction projects, we know that only happens with the strong contributions of each individual.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.