United Alloy is seeking an actively engaged Operations Supervisor for our growing team!
About United Alloy:
United Alloy (UA) is the leading brand when to comes to metal fabrication and powder coating. UA produces the highest quality leak-proof metal fuel tanks, reservoirs, skids, frames, chassis, trailers, heavy metal fabrications, and complex weldments. At UA, our culture produces actively engaged people with sustainable results: safety, quality, productivity, and profitability. Each employee acts with a sense of ownership, takes initiative to problem solve, and is committed to the company’s mission, their team, and themselves.
In addition to our ISO 9001:2008 certification, UA has been recognized as a WBENC woman/minority owned business. While we’re proud of these distinctions, one credential stands above all others: our extensive list of long-term satisfied Fortune 500 OEM customers.
Reports To: Production Manager
Benefits: In addition to excellent starting wages, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as numerous perks.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Generous PTO and Vacation policy
- 401(k) with company match
- Bonus opportunities
- Paid training
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for supervising and advising production employees and departmental leads as assigned. This position will plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures, recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. This position will be responsible for holding production employees accountable for company and individual goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Directly responsible for departmental leads and employees on assigned shifts – including safety, efficiency, accountability and quality
• Coordinate operations and training within or between departments and shifts
• Plan and establish work schedules, assignments and production sequences to meet production goals
• Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process and adjusting where needed to ensure UA maintains OTD of 95% or higher, efficiency in each work center of 95% or higher and no past due rolling hours
• Ensures effective communication amongst direct reports and peers to maximize efficiencies and reduce downtime
• Assess and resolve of conflict situations in conjunction with Human Resources
• Document disciplinary contacts and follows UA’s progressive disciplinary policy for all direct reports
• Approve/Deny vacation requests of direct reports based on company policy
• Maintain ERP and Operating Systems to include approving transactions and request
• Cover shifts of Supervisors who are out of the office – ensure that proper coverage is always available
• Able to flex shifts and change work schedule when required or as requested
• Work with departmental leads and production staff to ensure there is proper communication pass down with other shifts – make sure all shifts complete this (3rd to 1st, 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd)
• Maintain positive relationships with all executive staff, managers, supervisors and employees
• Understand and support all company policies and procedures
• Understands UA Levels Program for weld, paint/assembly, fabrication and general utility positions
• Follow safe manufacturing practices and promotes a safety culture
• Lead by example and acts in a professional manner at all times
• Suggest ideas for continual improvements for all production work centers
• Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required – Associate Degree or Bachelors Degree Preferred
• 6-7 years of related production leadership experience – metal fabrication concepts and processes exposure a plus
• Able to operate overhead cranes, tape measure, basic hand tools and air tools
• Effectively read and interpret blueprints
• Ability to effectively communicate through written and oral communication
• 12 Expected Behaviors of Actively Engaged Person – 100% Responsible, Trustworthy, Team Player, Clear Communicator, Empathy, Humility, Emotional
NOTE: Given the nature/size of our product and customer requirements, we require a stringent hiring process to ensure the highest quality product.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist, stoop, pull, push, assemble, and carry for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly, frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with an assist.
Work Environment: Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment that may have high noise levels, dust, chemicals, oil, and grease. Ability to work in an environment that may be either hot, cold or humid.