Under minimum supervision, provides day-to-day “hands-on” strategic direction, oversight, and implementation for all OFS operations, including CNG, Lubricants and FAS. Formulates policies, programs and procedures for our operating systems including schedules, rates, routes, assignment of drivers and vehicles and other terminal operations. Submits recommendations for development of and compliance with transportation policies, procedures, and programs. Plans, directs, and implements vehicle scheduling, allocation, dispatching, licensing, and communication functions in accordance with established policies and objectives to effect economical utilization of vehicle facilities. Maximizes efficiencies while ensuring the cost, quality and delivery are met while managing the team and carrier performance. Overall responsibility for safety, logistics, DOT compliance, hiring, training, coaching and separation of drivers, logistics team and maintenance.
Work must be done right and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing goals and demanding the highest quality work from co-workers and subordinates. Job requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary.
Primary Responsibility and Scope
- Oversee the strategic and day to day direction of Divisional Logistics, Transport, Sales, Financial and Field Operations
- Responsible for the OFS P&L, including department budget and cost control
- Carries out supervisory responsibly in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws
- Ensure that the OFS division is managed in the safest, most efficient, and cost-effective method possible
- Ensures Safety is at the forefront of all actions and decisions and DOT Compliance standards are administered, monitored, and enforced
- Collaborate with managers and staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
- Understanding of all operating and financial systems current and future for the company and how to maximize use and return from each
- Strategically manage the network and identify key initiatives to drive year over year total cost improvements, using lean logistics principles and tools
- Complete monthly policy deployment, root cause analysis and countermeasure actions
- Assessment of equipment needs and completion of capital requests/business case to support oversight of employee-based driver pool management
- Lead operations management including oversight of maintenance operations, capital requirements, planning and administration, safety and cost management
- Focus on servicing customers in a target market, earning acceptable rate of return on sales, maintaining growth targets and profitability
- Remain current on industry trends and provide strategic recommendations to management that keep Atlas on the “cutting edge”
- 10+ years of relative experience in Logistics, Oilfield Services, or related field
- Experienced in fleet maintenance and safety, accident prevention, DOT compliance and audits
- Experience with overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of department
- Proven track record of successfully managing an enterprise with operations in multiple states
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate organization visions and values
- Proficient computer skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Conceptual, strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Independent, must be able to work with little direction or structure
- Strong work ethic, e.g. “roll-up-your sleeves” leader
- Hands-on, customer driven focus
Required Education/ Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Master’s degree Preferred
This position will be required to routinely travel to all the OFS terminals in CO, NM, TX and OK.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all skills, duties, or responsibilities associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job, or to require that other or different tasks be performed, should circumstances change (i.e., changes in personnel, workload, or technological developments).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Atlas Oil Company provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight and height or military status, in accordance with applicable federal laws.