This is an exciting time to join our team. With a focus on safety, we are growing, we are profitable, we are investing in our company, and we have big plans! We are a full-service national construction, demolition, and engineering consulting powerhouse.
Works with other estimators collaboratively to develop and secure orders from new and current customers for selective demolition services by means of current industry contacts, reviewing industry reports, visiting potential customers, soliciting by phone, and networking.
· Develop new business opportunities and secure contracts for selective demolition projects.
· Secure opportunities to quote on customer requirements.
· Attend pre-bid walk-through meetings at customer’s site.
· Prepare bids and quotes using Onscreen Take-Off Software.
· Enter estimating information into Sales-Force software.
· Provide Work-in-Progress (WIP) updates to management as required.
· Follow-up on quotations with customers.
· Brief Project Managers and Supervisors on project scope, schedule and staffing requirements and follow-up on project status.
· Work with Operations, Project Managers and Supervisors to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
· Work with Administrative Staff on Notifications, Pre-qualification, and Pre-bid Submittals
· Work with Operations to schedule and staff projects.
· Complete work orders and stock lists in a timely fashion.
The employee must be competent in using Take-off software to develop estimates. The employees will also visit job sites to gather additional data for developing estimates. The employee will follow up by visiting job sites during the performance of work to evaluate the accuracy of the initial estimates and to determine whether Change Orders are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires sitting for extended periods while operating a computer and gathering data from a large computer screen and from large building diagram printouts. The incumbent may occasionally lift heavy objects and walk, stand, and climb stairs and ladders at construction sites. The incumbent may occasionally be required to wear a half-face respirator during short periods when visiting job sites.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position. This position may require working over 40 hours per week, depending on the workload.
This position requires some travel to attend walk-throughs and meetings at job sites.
Overnight travel is not anticipated. Monthly travel expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the compensation package.
Required Education and Experience
· Experience in developing estimates.
· Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Must pass background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Proven ability to work with others.