McGuire and Hester is a construction company that provides complete site work services: pipelines, grading paving, concrete, landscape and mechanical. In addition to traditional project delivery methods, we are involved with design build projects and alternative delivery methods. McGuire and Hester has played an integral role in the construction of many of Northern California’s most recognizable landmarks and infrastructure projects. Our storied past crosses more than nine decades. Our mission statement is, “Together We Build Things Right” which encompasses our business philosophy as well as our values and culture. We have a team environment that focuses on the greater good, resulting in a fantastic place to work that positively impacts our business partners and community.
An Estimating Assistant organizes all administrative functions of the Estimating Department to optimize efficiency and accuracy.
Estimating Administrative Manager
Key Communication Partners
Executive VP Estimating, Operations Managers, Estimators, Construction Technology Manager, Project Engineer- Estimating, Business Development Manager, Marketing Coordinator
- Ensures that original plans and specs are recorded and are properly filed in the job files.
- Orders plans and specs as directed by the Executive VP Estimating or Operations Manager.
- Reviews bid documents for critical information, enter data into the Bid Database and distributes to the Estimator.
- Order Bid Bonds as required.
- Prepares bid documents for execution.
- After the bid, ensure that all information entered in to Bid database complete and accurate; follow up with the estimator and owners as appropriate.
- Update bid, Prebid and bid run calendar.
- Organize weekly bid schedule, order plans and specs, subcontractor advertisement, DBE good faith efforts, standard specs updates, bid result database, file reorganization or complete bids and soil reports, follow-up of unit price from other contractors and marketing database.
- Set up and distribute Smart Bid invitations.
- Set up and maintain sub and material suppliers RFP system.
- Review bid documents with Estimator for accuracy and completeness prior to them being sent from the office.
- Meet all deadlines successfully.
- As necessary, assist with bid deliveries to the owner leaving ample time to complete bid documents over the phone with the estimator.
- Understands the duties of the Executive VP Operations/Operations Manager and assists in administrative duties whenever possible.
- Perform all required advertisement to subcontractors as required in a timely manner to ensure bid requirements are met.
- Maintain good client and business partner relationships (with Surety Agent, Insurance Agent).
- Internally help foster an efficient, productive environment by getting to know co-workers.
- Reward and recognize others for their contributions to the company.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience: A.A. or bachelor’s degree preferred, three or more years administrative support experience, previous construction experience preferred
Language Skills: must be able to read and write in English
Mathematical Skills: understanding of basic business math
Reasoning Ability: apply common sense understanding to carry out multiple step instructions with standardized situations with occasional variables
Computer Skills: Ten-key by touch; must type at least 50 wpm, must be fluent with Google workspace. Individuals in the position will also need to be able to learn new technologies as they evolve or are implemented.
Interpersonal Skills: the ability to interface and collaborate with a wide variety of people including clients, employees, managers and agencies
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Notary helpful but not required
Besides a competitive salary and the best retirement package in the industry we offer:
- Family medical, dental and vision
- Company Stock (ESOP)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sabbatical Program
- Personal Financial Planning
We are confident that our retirement plan is the best in the industry.
$25.00 - $32.00 based on skills, experience and knowledge