Why work for us:
Concrete Supply of Topeka, Builders Choice Concrete, and Builders Choice Aggregates have a safety-focused culture. Our people are our company's strength and vitality; the collective experience, talent, and commitment are the lifeblood of our company. As a company, our goal is to inform and train employees to ensure everyone returns home safely each night to be with their families.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Shop Manager
- Full Benefit Package available within your 1st 30 days of Employment!!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k + match
- Paid Holidays from day 1
- 2 Floating Holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Seeking dedicated people with the desire to learn and build a career while exceeding the highest quality and safety standards. Diesel Mechanics are responsible for the operational capabilities of heavy machinery and mobile equipment within the field. This is an entry level role for a mechanic. We will train the right candidate.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain mechanical equipment/machinery to ensure proper operating condition
- Proper utilization of hand tools, precision instruments, and power tool
- Adjust and reassemble equipment
- Perform routine maintenance
- Attach test instruments to equipment and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions
- Rebuild gas and diesel engines
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
- Recondition and replace parts
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine
- Adjust vehicle components according to specifications
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance
- Operate transportation equipment to demonstrate function or malfunction
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Operate cranes, hoists, or other moving or lifting equipment
- Test mechanical equipment to ensure proper functioning
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
• High school education or GED equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year related experience/training or equivalent combination of education or experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and bend. The employee must regularly lift and/or move from 1 to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a repair shop environment, and occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.