'To be considered for this position, please attach your updated resume.'
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Shop Service Technician for our Santa Maria, California location.
- Performs complex on-site diagnostics and repairs on construction and CWP equipment
- Participates in required Service EDUCATE Training programs
- Supports customer clinics
- Reviews and explains any maintenance, repair, or other service concerns directly with the customer and documents on work order
- May promote and sell dealer service programs directly to customers
- May establish and implement effective stocking processes with the Parts Department to maintain the proper seasonal parts inventory in the vehicle
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of mobile service vehicle, trailer, inventory, tools and equipment
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
This job description does not include a complete listing of all the duties and functions of the position. Management reserves the right to assign other duties or projects as necessary.
- 4+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to perform complex repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Expert knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of construction or CWP equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Advanced or Master Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL (Commercial Drivers License) preferred
- Fork lift license preferred
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customer, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Authorized to work in US.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Due to safety regulations you must be 18 to apply.
- Physically able to work on heavy/diesel equipment.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Will be required to work in settings with extreme cold or extreme heat, depending on time of year.
- Prolonged periods of standing, kneeling, crawling, or climbing ladders.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.