Alloy Group, an environmental remediation and demolition company is seeking a Project Manager / Estimator to join the team. This is a great opportunity for someone with an asbestos project management/estimating background to get involved with a growing company. Our ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, be self-motivated, able to multi-task and be a problem- solver, show a strong attention to detail and organization, and - most importantly - believe in a team- oriented approach. This position is based out of our Austin, TX office.
The Asbestos Estimator/Project Manager will be responsible for overall management of projects from bid preparation through final acceptance by client.
Key Responsibilities are and not limited to:
- Prepare a complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, take-off information, and contract requirements.
- Supervise the total effort to ensure projects are completed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. This includes interfacing with client representatives, consultants, architects, and other contractors and key trades.
- Monitor/control projects through administrative direction of on-site superintendent to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (i.e fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect company interests and simultaneously maintain good relationship with clients.
- Must be able to bid and manage work in our local area.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisory direction.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the construction industry (mold, asbestos and/or lead hazard abatement experience preferred).
- Abatement and job costing experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word) and accounting/estimating software. Able to work well as a team player.
- Problem solving/troubleshooting ability.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with an attention to detail and a commitment to follow- through.
Alloy Group provides an excellent work environment, strong and competitive benefits, outstanding educational opportunities and a solid career path for the employee that excels.