indus is a family-owned and operated business that has been serving the northeast for over 65 years. We have a PEOPLE first culture full of hard-working employees and we strive to provide the best working environment possible. Our clients have come to expect only the best service and professionalism from our team. We seek to hire people with a proactive mindset and the ability to work independently as well as with a team. Our goal at indus is to provide opportunities for employees to develop a career, not just another job.
Season/Role: Our season begins around April/May of each year and extends through around November/December depending on weather. We offer entry into the union following a 25-day probationary period and extensive opportunities for overtime, as desired.
The Field Employee & CDL Driver position is a labor intensive, demanding and exciting position. This role requires attention to detail, the ability to go above and beyond the call of duty, and dedication to putting the client first. This role is required to work in a busy outdoor environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates hand, power tools and equipment safely;
- Assists with all phases of construction;
- Set(s) up and breaks down equipment as needed for use;
- Operates various types of light to medium construction equipment including but not limited to backhoe, end loaders, skid steer, excavator, forklift and other equipment as assigned;
- Performs daily truck equipment inspections and all required safety equipment including, but not limited to; tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and coolant, etc. before each shift to assure equipment is safe for usage;
- Completes reports and documents as required;
- Operates trucks safely to and from project destinations; and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must possess a High School Diploma/GED;
- Must possess a valid CDL Class A or B driver's license;
- General construction knowledge and experience is a HUGE plus;
- Previous manual labor (such as building trades, construction, farming, maintenance, or landscaping) is preferred;
- See and hear with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain job safety;
- Ability to follow directions and routines; and
- Must be motivated, a self-starter and hard worker with the ability to work independently and as a team.
We offer an amazing opportunity to join a union.
indus is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply. indus maintains a Drug-Free work environment.