Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Clerk
Full-time, Regular Status, FLSA Nonexempt
Location: Renton, WA 98057
$49,750 – $63,400 annually
Dependent on years of experience
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are upholding this by recruiting candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, caste, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and all other historically marginalized and excluded communities other protected status as provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly encouraged to apply!
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our values guide us in the way we treat each other, the decisions we make, and the success we achieve. The following are the values guide our work:
- TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
- EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
- EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
- RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
- REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Childhaven is a leader in serving children, families, and communities that have experienced trauma and adversity. We are building a continuum of care model that is growing to respond to the changing needs of families by combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of community partners. Going forward, we are embarking on a new and ambitious strategic impact plan to further strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation.
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who shares our vision: To help ensure that all children are safe and healthy; thriving physically, socially emotionally and educationally; and well nurtured by family and by their community. You too are constructively dissatisfied with the status quo. You are equal parts learner, leader and mentor and see around the corners of a challenge, replaying the question of “What if…” with a reply of “Why not…” If this sounds like you, then we want to meet, get to know you, and talk more about the positive impact we could have together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Clerk (AR/AP-C) helps advance the mission, vision, values, and goals of the organization by providing a wide variety of financial support services in a professional manner. The Contributions Accountant will serve as the agency’s expert on all matters regarding contributions and grants and associated required reporting. The primary responsibility is to accurately and timely record contributions and grants including multi-year pledges, restrictions, and releases from restriction.
Located in Renton, WA, this position reports to the Senior Accountant.
- Co-perform daily mail processing and distribution.
- Data enter all cash receipts using multiple application interfaces and match input to control totals.
- Collaborate with Senior Accountant to resolve program cash receipts that do not exactly match amounts invoiced.
- Account for and record in the general ledger all cash receipts, credit card and ACH transactions.
- Sort, scan and distribute via email or other methods accounts payable invoices to appropriate staff members.
- Receive approved invoices checking for coding and proper approval(s).
- Data enter all payments to be made and produce weekly disbursement checks.
- Download and data enter all digital payments and ensure appropriate approvals are present or obtained.
- Perform weekly check run.
- Assist in month end closing processes.
- Assist in financial audits and implementation of audit
- Develop and implement proper maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy, internal controls and accounting
- Meaningfully contribute to ongoing improvements to related policies, procedures and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field of study
- 2+ years of related accounting experience
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to perform successfully in a highly detailed financial environment.
- Demonstrate superior customer service skills.
- Knowledgeable and effective in maintaining electronic and written records in an organized manner.
- Able to communicate effectively in-person and digitally.
- Strong skills in decision-making and self-advocacy (requesting assistance from staff when necessary).
- Able to work independently and concurrently with different tasks.
- Able to work in high-pressure situations and take responsibility for completing assignments by deadline.
- Able to work effectively with diverse clients and agency staff; be aware of other needs and advocate for safety.
- Be in acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural/spiritual differences.
- Ability to use the senses of sight and hearing to effectively perform responsibilities.
- Comply with all Childhaven policies and procedures.
- Commit to the Vision, Values, and Mission of Childhaven.
We are dedicated to recruiting candidates who reflect the diversity and lived experiences of the communities we serve. Multilingual and multicultural candidates are encouraged to apply! In addition to position specific qualifications, preferable skills include:
Childhaven has committed to equitable compensation practices, including pre-determining what roles require and the qualities needed from the individual that will fill the role. To achieve this, Childhaven uses a grade and step approach to determine the compensation of each team member.
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, Respect, and Reflection. Here’s a bit of what we offer our staff:
- We believe in a fully transparent hiring process.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account (FSA), healthcare reimbursement account, and 403(b) savings program. A full listing of benefits is available.
- Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and educational topics, advocacy, and more.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and our antiracism council, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
Childhaven values organizational culture and professional development. Team members at Childhaven have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through the following:
- Project work groups
- Clinical and/or reflective supervision
- Community advocacy and engagement
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Racial Equity Council (DIREC)
***HOW TO APPLY***
Please apply through our website. If you require an accommodation to participate in the application or selection process, please let us know.
This position will be open until filled; applicants are encouraged to apply. In addition to completing the application online, please attach a resume and cover letter when prompted.
Childhaven would like to get an accurate understanding of each applicant’s experience and interest.