Finding the right fit:
Variety is the spice of life, as the proverbial saying goes, and you’ll find boundless variety working as a Lidar Professional at Ayres. Our projects are varied, our work is rewarding, and our team is supportive, collaborative, and fun! Beyond the ability to work on diverse projects, our geospatial team also enjoys a high degree of professional freedom – both in and outside of the office – and are routinely applying cutting-edge, and, sometimes, emerging technologies to their important work.
The Geospatial division of Ayres Associates is seeking a Lidar Professional in the Aerial Mapping group. Ayres is recognized as an industry leader in Aerial Mapping and Land Survey services and provides consulting to a wide range of professions and geospatial data users.
The Aerial Mapping group is looking for an individual with relevant educational or job experience related to lidar and photogrammetry projects. A background in ground control, lidar editing, quality control, data formatting, metadata, and coordinate systems would be considered a plus.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Assist production manager and project managers with project estimating, design of technical approaches, proposal development, QA/QC plan development, and contract specifications.
- Manage logistics of client deliveries, including data quality control against contract requirements, populating hard drives, creating transmittals, uploading data to client sites, and ensuring timely delivery according to project schedules.
- Participate in project interviews with project manager and production manager.
- Support client meetings and presentations as the lidar domain expert for project pursuits. Aid in client management during project execution.
- Apply knowledge of industry lidar standards and specifications and emerging technologies to active projects and project pursuits.
- Understand project financials and advise management team on technical solutions to help achieve positive financial performance.
- Review project estimates and contract scope, schedule, and fees for projects to assist in fulfilling contractual obligations.
- Assist in the production of ancillary deliverables as defined in contract scope including technical report writing and metadata.
- Prepare and oversee lidar quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Actively seek collaboration with other services around the company.
- Attend industry conferences and present on relevant topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e., GIS, photogrammetry, remote sensing, cartography, survey).
- 7 years of experience in geospatial industry or related field.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Other Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Educational or work experience in the fields of business administration, earth sciences, geography, remote sensing, land surveying, or other related discipline.
- ASPRS certification in remote sensing (CMS-Lidar or CP preferred)
- Experience with the USGS 3DEP Lidar program and high accuracy DOT corridor mapping projects is considered a plus.
- Experience with UAS and manned lidar systems is considered a plus.
- Experience with mobile lidar and terrestrial scanning is considered a plus.
- Eagerness to cultivate a team environment where all staff members feel valued and supported and ideas flow freely.
- A desire to build the Ayres brand at professional meetings/conferences locally, statewide, and potentially nationally.
- Reputation as a self-motivated, performance driven leader with excellent people skills.
Please note, benefits vary depending on job status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities