Position Title: Social Worker Support Coordinator (Hybrid remote work, no weekends, excellent benefits)
THIS POSITION REQUIRES A CURRENT MICHIGAN SOCIAL WORK LICENSE.
Department: Care Management
Reports To: Clinical Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt (Full Time 40 hours per week)
- Performs assessment of and coordinates activities related to Care Management participant’s social, emotional, and financial needs. Care plans to meet identified needs and accesses programs and essential need services.
- Conducts functional assessments of the participant’s social, financial, environmental, health, and emotional needs with the Supports Coordinator Nurse.
- Facilitates and coordinates the development of a person-centered service plan of care in conjunction with Supports Coordinator, Nurse, participant, and other identified supports.
- Provides advocacy and arranges for care as specified in the participant’s person-centered service plan of care.
- Maintains participant electronic files while utilizing a tracking system for participants receiving services.
- Consults with staff for assessing and managing individual case details.
- Maintains and reviews quality and state standards for participants' coordinating care and person-centered care plan.
- Provides information and assists participants with connecting to community services and resources for natural support.
- Documents all assessments, person-center service plans of care, and progress notes promptly while ensuring all Agency and Michigan DHHS procedures are met.
- Supports achievement of the Agency’ mission, vision, and reflects its values in work behavior.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work required.
- Knowledge of Medicaid eligibility requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of AASA and MI Choice Waiver preferred.
- At least one year of human services experience working with the disabled and elderly population is preferred.
License and /or Certification:
- Must have current Limited or Full State of Michigan Social Work license.
- Current CPR Certification preferred.
- Personality and demeanor to deal with the public and assist participants.
- Flexible and adaptable in various situations and when interacting with many different personalities.
- Basic office skills.
- Detail-oriented and professional.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Ability to analyze and diagnose problems and work independently to solve them.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to travel to offsite assignments.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Listening, hearing, and speaking abilities required by this job include communicating and exchanging information adequate for conversation, information gathering, and telephone communication.
- May be required to perform repetitive motions of the hands, fingers, and wrists to do data entry.
- The employee may be required to negotiate to enter and exit various properties/locations (including properties with stairs and without accessible entrances/exits).
- Must be able to negotiate uneven terrain, stairs, and interiors of homes in various environments; the employee must travel in all kinds of weather and have reliable transportation.
Position requires employee to maintain a secure home office workspace in the southwest area of Michigan with supervisor and HR approval. Position may require in office (Battle Creek) work upon supervisor request.
DIVISION OF DUTIES
Participant contact is @ 40% of duties, travel is @ 40% of duties, data entry, and telephone work is @ 20% of duties.
Limitations and Disclaimers:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.