OBJECTIVE: The Marketing and Communications Manager works closely with the Soil and Water Outcomes Fund (www.theoutcomesfund.com) team to educate and inform partners, farmers, and the general public about the benefits of conservation agriculture and ecosystem markets for farmers, municipalities, corporations, and communities. The Marketing and Communications Manager is expected to be a self-starter who works well in teams and independently. The Marketing and Communications Manager should have a track record of measurably contributing to the growth in engagement and revenue at an organization working in conservation and/or agriculture. Successful candidates should be innovative, creative, organized, and self-motivated.
- Build and execute a marketing communications strategy that supports the Soil and Water Outcomes Fund’s goals.
- Develop communication content and marketing materials - including print materials, articles, web copy, presentations, and edited images – to drive farmer enrollment, partnerships, and outcomes buyer (access available to Canva, Adobe suite, and graphic design contractor).
- Identify print, digital, multimedia, and in-person communications vehicles to increase the Soil and Water Outcomes Fund brand awareness among key audiences.
- Leverage storytelling to highlight the climate smart impact of the Soil and Water Outcomes Fund, enrolled farmers, and our partners through a variety of communication mediums.
- Create and maintain to a content calendar.
- Develop and deploy a social media strategy and campaigns to engage key stakeholders.
- Manage website content and email marketing.
- Gather and evaluate results of communication campaigns and use this data to inform marketing communications strategy.
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manage a budget dedicated to marketing and communications.
- Use the Soil and Water Outcomes Fund style and branding guide to write, edit, and proofread.
- Manage public relations outreach to secure earned media coverage of Soil and Water Outcomes Fund.
- Assist in writing and submitting required project reports.
- Assist in developing content to support fundraising efforts.
- Ability to be flexible and assist the entire team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to advance the organization’s mission.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Writing, editing, and content development experience for all media platforms.
- Advanced skills in proofreading and copy editing.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Critical thinking.
- Experience creating and maintaining networks and elevating partner relationships.
- Great with MS Office and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Can work with a wide range of people.
- Ability to persuade or influence others.
- Ability to learn and understand the operations of the organization.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines while producing high-quality deliverables.
- Interest in and working knowledge of agriculture and conservation.
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years’ experience in communications, marketing, journalism, contend development, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Ag Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or related field.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minor in agronomy or conservation
- 2+ years’ experience in conservation or agriculture communications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account available
- Fitness Center
- Cellphone and Wellness reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement program