The Help Desk Intern will be responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the desktop environment including build and install PCs, conference room AV equipment, telephone systems maintenance, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards. Responsibilities also include.
- Set up and maintain all hardware and software for all users.
- Manage end user accounts through Active Directory
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and future planning needs of the company’s desktop environment.
- Collaborate with existing vendors and/or other IT members to evaluate new technology that is available and make recommendations to management on using that technology.
- Respond to and/or troubleshoot issues reported via the Atera Help Desk ticket system or emails sent by end users.
- Monitor the performance of the company’s desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency.
- Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issues.
- Pay attention to customers’ descriptions of their computer problems.
- Ask customers questions to properly diagnose the problem.
- Walk customers through the recommended problem-solving steps.
- Train users to work with new computer hardware or software, such as printers, word-processing software, and email.
- Provide other team members and managers in the organization with information about what gives customers the most trouble and about other concerns customers have.
- Create and/or update IT related documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of desktop environment
- Undergrad degree in a related computer field or equivalent of education and experience
- Ability to clearly communicate in non-technical language to end users.
- Detail oriented and ability to document procedures and establish SOP in the desktop environment.
This is Onsite role out of our Glen Mills, PA location.