Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 10 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
This position is responsible for leading the Supportive Services of the Housing Division. These services connect families, veterans, and individuals that are experiencing homelessness to community resources and housing using a housing first approach. The Regional Supportive Services Manager works with each case management coordinator and outreach staff to assist in the development of a housing stabilization and ongoing support with homeless and imminently at risk of homelessness households enrolled in HACAP’s services. The position is also responsible for building relationships with community partners to ensure homeless households have quick access to housing and other resources.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 -traditional hours may be needed); $31.54 hourly.
*This position is eligible for a $1200 retention incentive after successfully completing 180 days of employment.
- Directs and provides leadership support and training to homeless services team members.
- Supervises day to day support services with the homeless services team.
- Attends virtually or in person Coordinated Entry pull list meetings and pulls clients from the coordinated entry regions where HACAP provides homeless services. Coordinates attendance with other Regional Housing Managers.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the Housing Program Manuals (CoC, ESG, SSVF HACAP policies and procedures).
- Conducts case conferences, reviews cases and resolves client issues with the case managers and outreach team for VA, HUD, and community funded programs.
- Assesses, trains and coaches case managers and outreach staff on work assignments and community resources.
- Manages caseload in the absence of the case manager or performs outreach activities as needed.
- Works to deescalate and troubleshoot issues between clients and case managers as necessary
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with community resources; attends and participates in appropriate coalition and other community resource meetings for both general population and Veterans.
- Collaborates with Regional Housing Director, Regional Compliance Manager, Housing Operations Manager, and case managers to ensure necessary documents for services.
- Attend case conferencing and all other meetings required by the Regional Housing Director and other teammates.
- Ability to travel to a 12 county area in Eastern Iowa to work with team members. Travel could be required on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Housing Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TARGETED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- MSW, or Master’s Degree in a related field and 3 years experience preferred or
- 7 years work experience in homeless or social services field with Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous management and supervisor experience preferred
- Working knowledge of regional community resources as they relate to homelessness, mental health/substance abuse, and affordable housing.
- Knowledge of the homeless system in assigned service area
- Familiarity with HUD and VA funded homeless services.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Valid Iowa driver’s license & Proof of Insurance.
SOAR Training preferred not required.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time in an office environment and must be able to lift/move weight up to 25lbs. Employee is also required to accept incoming calls and must be able to hear and speak. Must have visual acuity to read and draft reports, memos, letters, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision adequate for the incumbent to perform the responsibilities and functions of the job efficiently. Must have the manual dexterity to manually operate and use a computer. Incumbent must be able to drive in all weather and road conditions. The noise level is quiet to moderate; non-‐smoking environment.
The employee will work in an office and public, service delivery environment. Hectic situations can occur in the public area of the facility characteristic to working with the homeless community and the related concerns and situations related to homeless conditions. Potential exists for volatile and unpredictable situations to occur. May experience exposure to strong odors such as soiled clothes and poor hygiene.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid car insurance
- Reliable transportation for use on the job