Clay County is looking for three Weed Control Applicators for the summer who will be responsible for mixing and applying chemicals to control the county's noxious weeds as assigned.
Here's what you'll get to do!
- Properly mix the chemicals according to instructions
- Operate light duty trucks, UTV’s and boats
- Apply chemicals using a sprayer and various attachments to county property including roads and ditches according to schedule
- Compile, submit and maintain reports and records
- Work in the Highway Department if weather does not permit spraying
- And More!
What you will need!
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid South Dakota driver’s license and clean driving record
- Possess or obtain a Commercial Applicator License with Right of Way Endorsement (We'll help you with that process)
- Ability to operate hand tools and light machinery
What we offer you!
- Full-time summer schedule May to August (Start and end date is flexible)
- Great hours - 10 hour days, Monday through Thursday - Every week has a 3-day weekend!
- $16/hour plus overtime pay when you work more than 40 hours/week
Clay County, South Dakota is an Equal Opportunity Employer