Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403b) with generous company match
- Paid time off and 10 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident
As a part of the Food Reservoir Leadership Team the Development Manager formulates strategy and develops plans to solicit financial donations from individuals, businesses, foundations, and other public and private sources. The position is responsible for creating and implementing fundraising activities that meet program revenue goals, build donor relationships, and increase Food Reservoir visibility in the community.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm; $27.98 hourly.
*This position is eligible for a $1200 retention incentive after successfully completing 180 days of employment.
- Identify and execute strategies that systematically and effectively strengthen the Food Reservoir program's overall fundraising capacity.
- Manage the implementation and evaluation of all Food Reservoir development activities following best practices, regulatory guidelines, and Feeding America standards.
- Oversee the design and implementation of direct mail program and manage relationship with direct mail vendor.
- Ensure evaluation of development activities and identify opportunities to improve results.
- Research potential sources of funding, including both public and private sources as well as assist in grant writing for the department.
- Lead content creation for fund development effort including both print and digital media.
- Develop positive and productive relationships with prospective major donors.
- Manage fundraising CRM and communicate with Business Office staff to ensure accurate tracking of all donations to the Food Reservoir.
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of all donors; including public recognition of corporate donors, timely acknowledgments, and impact reporting.
- Expand and diversify the organization's donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives.
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual fundraising statistics and develop reports for staff, Food Reservoir Advisory Council, and stakeholders.
- Participate in community events, meetings, and conferences to promote HACAP goals or to solicit donation or sponsorships.
- Oversee planning logistics for special events, including obtaining sponsorships and preparing related printed materials and publications.
- Support a culture of philanthropy with HACAP Food Reservoir team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TARGETED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field or equivalent amount of education and experience combined.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Valid driver’s license
2. Valid car insurance