Hunt Electric Corporation is a national design build electrical contracting firm grounded in the simple, powerful concept of performing efficient, quality work. We value trust, relationships, performance, reward, safety, and diversity. Our loyalty is to our clients, our communities and our employees in more than 40 states. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
We are continually seeking individuals who are passionate about the electrical design and construction industry who want to contribute to our company growth. If you are passionate, love what you do and hold yourself to a standard of excellence, we want to hear from you!
This position is responsible for monitoring workplace activities and ensuring compliance with safety protocols and procedures on Hunt’s national jobsites. This position will be based out of our Bloomington, MN office but will travel extensively.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage site specific safety programs and safety staff on Hunt National jobsites across the country.
- Directly oversees the daily activities of Site Safety Representatives and provides guidance.
- Establish safety pre-planning meetings with project management and subcontractors to discuss high risk activities and site safety requirements.
- Ensure safety training and orientations meet project expectations.
- Educate workers about the company’s safety policy and procedures.
- Inspect workplace and premises at beginning of each day to make sure it is safe for operation.
- Perform inspection on machinery, equipment and tools that workers will use to ensure they are safe to operate.
- Perform accident investigations to gauge measures that need to be taken to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Write detailed reports on daily activities, inspections and on-site accidents.
- Oversees development and implementation of:
- Safety and loss prevention programs.
- Companies Safety policy and procedures
- Site Specific Safety Plans
- Mentors Site Safety Managers/Representatives
- Team Building across jobsites.
- Maintains consistency between all sites.
- Shares lessons learned and maintains the safety culture of Hunt.
- Coordinates with Hunt Safety Program Team
- Ensures Hunt requirements are being met and kept up to date while at jobsites.
- Notifies Hunt Program team of all safety incidents onsite, including wins.
- Provides Safety Updates / Reports across all Hunt Sites.
- May need to participate in Project Interviews as needed.
- Seeks & implements safety training across national jobsites.
- Conducts Hunt Safety Employee Reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Health, Risk Management or related field preferred.
- CHST or equivalent preferred.
- 10 years of construction safety experience.
- Safety experience within the electrical industry preferred.
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members.
- Demonstrates industry knowledge and independent judgment to make decisions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with individuals with a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time.
KEY SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Address large groups, spokesperson for company, and leader of their team.
- Manage conflict professionally while having the company and its employees’ best interest.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Be comfortable in job site setting – walk job site and associate with field employees.
- Presumed to know 80% of what they need on a daily basis, with the ability to research the balance for unique situations.
- Can make prompt decisions based on information at hand if/when needed.
- Customer orientated.
- Understands, respects and follows chain of command.
- Self-Motivated and can motivate others.
- Aligns with customer’s culture.
- Positive person that rises above issues and can help resolve.
- Can handle stressful and emergency situations.
- This position operates at a job site and is exposed to hazards typical of a construction site.
- Employees are required to climb ladders and scaffold stair towers to monitor work activities at heights.
- This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, filing cabinets, copiers and fax machines.
- Employees are occasionally required to sit, kneel, reach, bend, stoop, crouch or crawl.
- This position requires the ability to walk the job site for most of the shift and may require the individual to move over uneven terrain, which can include snow, ice and mud.
- This position may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must wear hard hat, work boots, safety glasses, gloves and, high visibility vest.