Electrical / Mechanical Technician (Advanced)
Operational since 2001, Dakota Ethanol in Wentworth, SD produces more than 90 million gallons of ethanol annually. The company also produces distillers grains and non-food grade corn oil, providing a feed source for local livestock producers or the biodiesel industry. Dakota Ethanol is owned and operated by Lake Area Corn Processors, LLC, which is comprised of more than 1,000 members, the majority of whom are South Dakota farmers. Dakota Ethanol is committed to being a strong partner in the local community, a key player in the regional economy and a leader in South Dakota’s ethanol industry.
What you get to do!
Our Electrical Mechanical Technician (Advanced) is responsible for the preventive maintenance, repair, and stewarding of the plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Able to[ provide detailed servicing of critical equipment and instrumentation. Continuous operation requires overtime and ability to meet call-in requirements. Full-time, M-F 7:00am-4:00pm. Continuous operation requires shift work, overtime, and ability to meet call-in requirements.
What you get to do!
- Electrical troubleshooting, repair or replacement of controls, motors, valves, equipment etc.
- Perform basic mechanic skills including, but not limited to; mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, blueprints and work orders to perform maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment & plant facilities & work with departments to accomplish tasks in a timely, safe manner.
- Utilize and support the use of the computerized maintenance system.
- Discuss any problems with maintenance manager and work with him/her on daily tasks.
- Learn the plant process for a better understanding of how the equipment is utilized.
- Complete all tasks assigned by Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain a team environment with plant departments.
- Champion Dakota Ethanol, LLC in the community.
- Safe work practices are a condition of employment; complies with all OSHA/safety requirements. Take appropriate action to ensure safety of self and others.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
- Must be able to take direction and work with others.
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately.
- Must be able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
What you need to have!
- Some experience with panel fabrication, pump alignment, material handling systems, preventative maintenance, and instrument and electrical work. PLC diagnostic experience helpful.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory, technical skills, including knowledge of how to use appropriate tools, supplies, and equipment including but not limited to voltage meters, meggers and amp meters.
- Ability to perform basic arc, MIG and/or TIG welding.
- Ability to use precise measurement tools including but not limited to laser alignment, calipers, dial indicators and vibration analysis tools would be beneficial.
- Read and understand P&ID’s and schematics. Have ability to hand document electrical modifications/changes.
- Capable of operating scissor lift, JLG lift, forklift, sky track, and a front end loader.
All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, jet cookers, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and stairs, lift and move up to 60 lbs; work at heights and meet call in-requirements as needed. Ability to work from elevated surfaces. Regularly exposed to dust, odors, fumes, noise, and temperature variations.
What you get from us!
Dakota Ethanol offers excellent compensation $20-28/hour based on experience with a $2,000 NEW HIRE BONUS PLUS a benefits package with health insurance, Flex Spending Account, dental, 401k with company match, PTO & paid holidays,100% company paid group life insurance/AD&D/long term disability, AFLAC and a family, fun team environment!
If this is an excellent fit for you to join us near Wentworth, SD, apply with us!
Sioux Falls and South Dakota is full of adventure & great place to live in the midwest, see for yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTehfsx6mFY