Headquartered in Houston TX, Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 49 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including commercial, retail and oil field services.
Atlas Oil Company is looking for a highly motivated Customer Service Representative with an emphasis on service and a desire to continually grow and learn about our products and services. This person will be responsible for answering a high-call volume, handling customer orders, questions, concerns, and other inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism. An ideal candidate will look to resolve customer issues with one call resolution as well as offer alternative solutions where appropriate.
Monday through Friday 8a – 5p, occasionally weekends based on need
- High school diploma or equivalent
Primary Responsibilities and Scope
- Courteously answer telephones using Active Listening, clear communication, positive language, empathy and critical thinking
- Responsible for evaluating and handling incoming calls. Requests in the areas of logistics, invoicing, pricing, drafting, credit and collections, account summaries, customer portal support, general inquiries, new ship to requests, compliments, complaints and document delivery are common.
- Evaluates the need of the customer to determine if the issue can be resolved while on the telephone. Researches and routes to the appropriate subject matter expert utilizing a CRM tool.
- Enters customer orders, maintenance work orders and service requests with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all internal and external customers
- Regularly update and maintain customer information in all systems.
- Assists the Customer Service, Sales, Operations & Back office departments where applicable
- Conducts customer feedback surveys as directed by the Director of Customer Experience
- Support companywide projects as required
- Desire to solve problems and an insatiable desire to help internal and external customers required.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the customer service field
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a customer service representative in a high-volume inbound call center
- Experience entering information into a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
- Ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job (i.e. order entry, telephone standards, etc)
- Ability to adapt to changing or increasing demands in an evolving role.
- Ability to offer excellent internal and external customer service under pressure.
- Possess strong computer skills (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Database tools) to accurately and efficiently enter data into software tools
- Able to work with limited supervision and stay focused on required tasks through completion
- Work required hours and be on time each regularly scheduled business day. Overtime may be required based on business needs. Must be able to rotate to cover time off for team members as needed.
- Able and willing to work with a diverse customer base
- Team player with ability to help others while productively working independently on job assignments
- Experience working in trucking and/or fuel industry preferred
- Ability to balance customer demands with business requirements