Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
The Procurement Specialist will be accountable for the support of end to end sourcing programs which will include; data collection and analysis, interrogation of multiple data sources and preparation of data to inform procurement decisions, preparation of RFI and RFP documents, tender evaluation, contract negotiations and implementation of Supplier Relationship Management processes as well as managing robust communication with suppliers and internal customers.
• Provide support in preparing category-level forecasts and financial performance reports
• Develop strong relationships with stakeholders in order to influence behaviors and
ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all relevant sourcing activities
• Develop, implement, communicate, and monitor a comprehensive preferred supplier
network across categories feeding into an overall category plan
• Develop, implement, communicate, and monitor supplier reporting and benefits
tracking metrics to demonstrate continued value of procurement activities.
• Implement robust Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) processes, ensuring
metrics, governance, and actions are in place for continuous improvement.
• Support savings project activities (including RFPs, RFIs, direct negotiations, etc) under
the guidance of the Procurement Director.
• Analyze, consolidate, and rationalize historical spend data within assigned categories
• Deliver a clear communications strategy for cascading news of important activities to
• Be the expert on strategic procurement procedures for your categories, and the go-to
resource for internal stakeholders
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with 0-2 years of related
professional experience preferred; OR equivalent related experience in procurement or
finance related activities may be substituted for degree.
• Solid experience and aptitude for data analytics tools and methodologies.
• Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to stakeholders.
• Sharp, critical thinker, with persistent personality
• Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer
• Knowledge of contracts and contract negotiation
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.