We are currently searching for a Project Engineer for our Industrial Division. The role of the Project Engineer within our organization is to assist Project Managers and Superintendents in the daily management activities including contract review and administration, cost management, progress quantity verification, safety, personnel management, materials purchasing, and other project support roles.
- Preparation of drawings, sketches, change order, estimates, RFI (request for information) to support construction projects.
- Maintain submittal logs; assuring that all submittals are thoroughly and accurately reviewed for content and conformance with construction documents.
- Interpret designs and drawings; prepares takeoffs; researches and recommends resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, and errors.
- Recognize changes to work that differ from construction documents and takes appropriate action.
- Assist with procurement, including quantity takeoffs and pricing of purchase orders, subcontracts, and potential changes to the scope of work.
- Ensure completed work complies with codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Create correspondence to owners, subcontractors, and engineers.
- Assist Superintendent and Project Manager with budget tracking, job cost review, and reporting
- Assist in preparation of job status reports and participates in projects status meetings.
- Conduct job site inspections to assure conformance with contract documents.
- Assist with pre-construction activities as needed: construction planning and design; interpretation of design and drawings; application of construction methods
- Attend and document schedule and coordinating meetings and produce minutes of meetings.
- Participate in field activities, notifying the Project Manager or Superintendent of any personnel issues or injuries.
- Oversee and perform site inspections for erosion control monitoring.
- Assemble, organize and maintain documentation needed for timely project beginning and closing activities.
- Participate with project team to maintain accurate and up to date plans and logs, RFI, change orders, inspections and testing.
- Constantly strive to improve performance, leadership, knowledge and management skills through interactions and collaboration with the management team as well through study and personal development in order to qualify for positions of greater responsibility.
- Support safety program policies, procedures, implementation, and compliance verification.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering (Civil preferred), or a related field of study, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work, for extended periods, at job sites located predominately in the Southeastern United States.
- Self-starter, detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with technology and software; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule, including working overtime and weekends as needed
Work is performed both indoors and outside in all types of environmental conditions. This position performs strenuous physical activity, for long periods, under varying and adverse field conditions. This position must be able to lift and/or carry up to 75 lbs., stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out and above shoulder, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
About Morgan Corp:
Morgan Corp. has been a leader in commercial and industrial site development since 1945. Our expertise includes a multitude of services – site preparation, landfills, underground utilities, soil stabilization, roller compacted concrete, and water resources. Our Industrial Division acts as a heavy industrial general contractor capable of self-performing structural concrete, structural steel, equipment installation, piping, and electrical scopes.
With offices in Spartanburg, Charlotte, Savannah, and Raleigh, we serve the entire Southeast region. Our company delivers quality projects by focusing on safety, people, and relationships. The construction field requires a lot of attention to detail and patience to ensure our own, and one another’s, safety. Let our competitively low incident rate, low EMR, and extensive work hours without a lost-time injury speak for how dedicated we are to our employees’ safety. Our culture of integrity, respect and collaboration promotes teamwork and a sense of purpose. Through innovation and discipline, we apply our knowledge and experience to maximize value.
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com