John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Sales Assistant for our Meridian, Idaho location.
- The Sales Assistant will provide support to the Sales Managers and Field Representatives.
- Maintain customer call mail lists.
- Collect details of deals in timely manner, providing updates as necessary.
- Operate machinery/ heavy equipment to have set up for display or on the ready line of service to have attachments installed (We can train how to operate).
- Attachment unloading: We at time need to unload truck with attachments to be put into the whole goods area.
- Serial number verification / stamping: When attachments come in from our vendors, we need to verify serial numbers and stamp the attachments as needed.
- Receiving attachments into our system: After the attachments are unloaded and put into the whole goods area these will be put into our business system.
- Whole goods area organization: The sales assistant will be responsible for the whole goods areas in our 4 locations and will know what we have in all locations.
- Communicating with service department: To line up installs and pdi’s for new and used machines.
- Demo contracts: Demo contracts will be completed with detail as to where the machines are going and what attachments are going with them. They will also be responsible for them on the return from demo to make sure everything is returned and noted in the system.
- Sold/Hold and RPO notices: The person in this position will send emails to the sales group notifying them when a machine is marked Sold, on hold or on RPO.
- Transaction pricing/ Quoted but lost: This person will work with the Salesmen and Sales manager to accurately report back to John Deere as to lost sales and transaction pricing in our system.
- Cross-training with Sales/Inventory coordinator: When time permits learning how to do some of the tasks that the Sale/Inventory coordinator does to assist in busier times.
- Prepare Sold/Hold/Demo notices.
- Prepare Used Equipment ads.
This job description does not include a complete listing of all the duties and functions of the position. Management reserves the right to assign other duties or projects as necessary.
- Experience with Clerical duties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- High School Diploma.
- Possess good communication skills – oral and written.
- Work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Shall always demonstrate a cooperative behavior with Sales, Service, Rental Departments, fellow colleagues, and managers.
- Good Organizational skills and computer skills need to be broad.
- Possess physical ability to perform phone conversations (normal speaking and hearing)
- Experience with software, computers, and office equipment.
- Ability to learn basic operations of forklift and heavy equipment
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customer, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
- Must be able to pass initial and random drug testing
- Due to safety regulations, you must be 21 to apply.
- Physically able to work on heavy/diesel equipment.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Will be required to work in outside settings with cold or heat, depending on time of year.
- Prolonged periods of standing, kneeling, crawling, or climbing ladders.
- Must be able to lift 60-80 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Authorized to work in US.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
EEOC STATEMENT: Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.