We are currently searching for a Survey Tech. This position uses and operates survey equipment as well as measuring devices on our projects.
- Obtain data pertaining to angles, distances, elevation using survey equipment and GPS.
- Verify levels, alignment, and elevation of sites
- Prepare or supervise preparation of data, records an documents related to survey
- Compare geodetic measurements to determine positions and elevations
- Perform routine analysis to check accuracy and reasonableness of data
- Coordinate findings with engineers, clients, and others concerned with projects
- Compile notes, sketches, and records of data and work performed
- Perform basic layout and field engineering activities
- Field and/or civil auto cad experience is preferred
- Good math and reasoning ability
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt, prioritize, and react to changing construction environment
- Sense of urgency
- Mechanical aptitude and good computer skills
- Must follow safety standards throughout process
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule, including working overtime and weekends as needed
- Willingness to travel
Work is performed outside in all types of environmental conditions. This position performs strenuous physical activity for long periods, under varying and adverse field conditions. This position must be able to lift and/or carry up to 75 lbs., stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out and above shoulder, climb, kneel, bend, twist, and push/pull. Specific vision requirements include near, far, and color vision.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Morgan Corp. has been a leader in commercial and industrial site development since 1945. Our expertise includes a multitude of services – site preparation, landfills, underground utilities, soil stabilization, roller compacted concrete, and water resources. Our Industrial Division acts as a heavy industrial general contractor capable of self-performing structural concrete, structural steel, equipment installation, piping, and electrical scopes.
With offices in Spartanburg, Charlotte, Savannah, and Raleigh, we serve the entire Southeast region. Our company delivers quality projects by focusing on safety, people, and relationships. The construction field requires a lot of attention to detail and patience to ensure our own, and one another’s, safety. Let our competitively low incident rate, low EMR, and extensive work hours without a lost-time injury speak for how dedicated we are to our employees’ safety. Our culture of integrity, respect and collaboration promotes teamwork and a sense of purpose. Through innovation and discipline, we apply our knowledge and experience to maximize value.
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com