We are currently searching for a Lowboy Truck Driver. The primary responsibilities of this position is to safely and securely load, haul, and unload heavy construction equipment to and from specified destinations throughout the Southeastern US.
- Responsible for the safe loading and unloading of construction equipment.
- Perform daily safety checks on fluid levels on oil, water, fuel, as well as the inspection for leaks and damage to vehicle prior to operation.
- Drive truck equipped with various trailer combinations and weights
- Calculate weights of equipment with truck/trailer to maintain DOT compliance
- Perform other functions, such as pre- and post-load equipment inspections and various yard and shop duties.
- Minimum 3 years of experience driving a lowboy
- Must have valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), meet DOT requirements, and maintain driving record compliant with MVR policy guidelines
- Previous experience operating heavy construction equipment preferred, but not required
- Experience operating airbrakes and standard transmission
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Southeastern U.S. as needed
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule, including working overtime and weekends as needed
- Super-load/Multi Axle Experience preferred, but not required
Work is performed outside in all types of environmental conditions. This position performs strenuous physical activity, for long periods, under varying and adverse field conditions. This position must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 100 lbs. occasionally, stand, walk on uneven surfaces, manually manipulate, grasp, reach out and above shoulder, climb, kneel, bend, twist, crawl in tight or confined spaces and push/pull.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
About Morgan Corp:
Morgan Corp. has been a leader in commercial and industrial site development since 1945. Our expertise includes a multitude of services – site preparation, landfills, underground utilities, soil stabilization, roller compacted concrete, and water resources. Our Industrial Division acts as a heavy industrial general contractor capable of self-performing structural concrete, structural steel, equipment installation, piping, and electrical scopes.
With offices in Spartanburg, Charlotte, Savannah, and Raleigh, we serve the entire Southeast region. Our company delivers quality projects by focusing on safety, people, and relationships. The construction field requires a lot of attention to detail and patience to ensure our own, and one another’s, safety. Let our competitively low incident rate, low EMR, and extensive work hours without a lost-time injury speak for how dedicated we are to our employees’ safety. Our culture of integrity, respect and collaboration promotes teamwork and a sense of purpose. Through innovation and discipline, we apply our knowledge and experience to maximize value.
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com