Over the past 78 years, Morgan Corp. has expanded to one of the largest diversified heavy construction grading companies in the Southeast. With offices in SC, NC, and GA, and hundreds of employees, Morgan Corp. supports multiple projects and strives to exceed customer expectations while upholding core values.
Morgan Corp. is currently seeking candidates for a paid internship in Survey for the summer of 2023.
Morgan Corp. has an opportunity this summer for a Survey Intern to join our team in Savannah, GA. This is an excellent opportunity for a Geomatics/Surveying student to explore a career in the Survey industry!
You will have the Opportunity to:
- Work alongside a PLS and other survey professionals
- Gain real world experience at one of the largest heavy civil construction firms in South East
- Gain exposure to what is required of a professional land surveyor in construction
- Develop relationships that will accelerate your professional development and path to licensure
- Currently enrolled in a geomatics or survey technology related program
- Must be eager to learn and take instructions
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A positive work attitude along with willingness to work in a team environment
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Must be able to pass drug screen, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
- Must be willing to abide by Morgan Corp social contract
- Learn most aspects of construction land surveying
- Perform site topographic surveys utilizing GPS rovers, robotic total stations, and drones
- Perform/assist on level and traverse loops to verify control locations and elevations
- Perform construction as-built surveys to meet project closeout requirements
- Assist and gain exposure to drafting construction as-builts
- Communicate with project team and survey managers any findings to help assist with field problem solving