Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic - FM0523
Sanders Brother Construction is currently seeking a Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic to assist in the maintenance of Sanders Brothers’ vehicle fleet.
This position will provide on-site repair services for heavy equipment fleet. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic must demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Diagnosing, repairing, adjusting or overhauling equipment including but not limited to excavators, crawler dozers, front end loaders, skid steers, backhoes, brooms, rollers, graders, pumps, and water trucks.
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical repair, and safety procedures
- Vehicle electrical and air conditioning system diagnostic and repair.
- Perform basic care and maintenance, including changing oil, giving tune-ups, and checking fluid levels
- Ability to travel
- Welding or soldering broken parts
- Test parts and systems for operational readiness
- Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
- Ability to test run machines
- Willingness to attend industry related training
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Document processes
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have own tools
- Dedicated to their work with a positive attitude
- Pre-employment drug test/ background check will help assure we build teams of people who can best work with others and serve customer needs
- Three (3) year Motor Vehicle Record Required and meet company standards for operating
- 1-3 years experience diagnosing and repairing heavy equipment
- High sense of urgency when critical machines are down
- Ability to proficiently navigate through dealer specific software's (Catsis, Cat ET,)
- Diesel engine emissions experience (Tier 3, Tier 4)
- Undercarriage component knowledge and replacement experience
- Possess strong computer and electronic knowledge
- Prior heavy equipment, hydraulics, tracked vehicle formal training
- Prior dealership experience
- Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B
- Ability to travel
- Welding experience
- Knowledge of methods of operation and maintaining different types of heavy construction equipment
- Skilled in operating and inspecting heavy equipment or machines to diagnose malfunction or defects
- Possess ability to modify, repair and overhaul constituents of equipment
Benefits: Sanders Brothers Construction provides employees with outstanding benefits which include: Medical, Vision, Dental, Vacation & Holiday Pay, 401K, and potential financial incentives through Profit Sharing and Bonuses.
Sanders Brothers Construction is a fully bonded, license and insured general contractor of street & road construction, and asphalt manufacturing. Founded in the early 60’s, we continue to pride our company on the principles that laid the initial foundation for success: hard work, customer satisfaction and quality products and service.
Sanders Brothers Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. “EEO is the Law” www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm