Vac/Cam Laborer - VC0523
Sanders Brother Construction is currently seeking a laborer to support our Vacuum and Camera department. The Vacuum-Camera Laborer will be responsible for supporting combination truck drivers or operators during the operation of utility line cleaning, vacuum excavation, hydro excavation and utility line repairs and/or provide support to the camera operator during utility inspections. This position may require overnight travel periodically throughout the state of South Carolina. Sanders Brothers Construction has provided construction related services to the area since the early ‘60’s.
- Follow directions of the equipment operators or driver.
- Assist driver or operator during vacuuming, industrial cleaning and other equipment operation.
- Assist utilities camera operations.
- Opening and closing manhole covers.
- Dumping waste product in approved sites.
- Assist during utility pipe repairs.
- Qualified commercially licensed drivers will be trained to operate the equipment.
- None commercially licensed candidates will assist a driver/operator.
- Work in varying weather conditions and work environments including dusty, wet, loud noises, etc.
- Keep company vehicle clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns or vehicle problems.
- Comply with all SBCC policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform any other general duties as specified.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 0-3 years experience assisting in industrial cleaning operations of utilities installation.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Based on duties, may be required to obtain DOT medical certification.
- Must obtain a negative drug test result prior to hire and maintain throughout term of employment.
- Must meet SBCC's employment standards with regards to background checks.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time, crawl and kneel.
- Flexible availability to include overtime, possible weekends and may require periods of “on-call” time.
- Work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain and extreme temperatures. Employees may be exposed to dust, dirt, varying temperatures, loud noises, etc.
- Experience working with varying brands of vacuum truck equipment.
- Class A/B commercial Driver’s license w/ tank endorsement is a plus.
All candidates must consent to background prescreen and pre-employment drug test.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing, 401K, Vacation and Holiday
Sanders Brothers Construction is a fully bonded, license and insured general contractor of street & road construction, and asphalt manufacturing. Founded in the early 60’s, we continue to pride our company on the principles that laid the initial foundation for success: hard work, customer satisfaction and quality products and service.
Sanders Brothers Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
“EEO is the Law” www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm