IT Help Desk Technician
Part-Time (0.6), Regular Status, FLSA Nonexempt
Location(s): Renton, WA; South King County
$28.13 -- $36.25 hourly
Dependent on years of experience
Childhaven is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are upholding this by recruiting candidates of every race, creed, color, religion, caste, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and all other historically marginalized and excluded communities other protected status as provided by law. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are highly encouraged to apply!
We are proud to be a values-driven organization that serves families from diverse communities. Our values guide us in the way we treat each other, the decisions we make, and the success we achieve. The following are the values guide our work:
- TEAMWORK: Relationships come first.
- EQUITY: There’s infinite value in every human.
- EXCELLENCE: Constructively dissatisfied with the status quo.
- DEDICATION: Do more. Do better.
- RESPECT: Meet people where they are.
- REFLECTION: Feelings Matter. Stepping back and exploring possibilities.
Childhaven is a leader in serving children, families, and communities that have experienced trauma and adversity. We are building a continuum of care model that is growing to respond to the changing needs of families by combining our legacy of healing-centered care, with the expertise of community partners. Going forward, we are embarking on a new and ambitious strategic impact plan to further strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation.
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who shares our vision: To help ensure that all children are safe and healthy; thriving physically, socially emotionally and educationally; and well nurtured by family and by their community. You too are constructively dissatisfied with the status quo. You are equal parts learner, leader and mentor and see around the corners of a challenge, replaying the question of “What if…” with a reply of “Why not…” If this sounds like you, then we want to meet, get to know you, and talk more about the positive impact we could have together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The IT Help Desk Technician helps advance the mission, vision, values, and goals of the organization by providing support to the Program Operations team at Childhaven. The IT Help Desk Technician will provide information and technical support across the organization’s locations and departments. This position will provide support for a medium-sized mission-driven nonprofit organization by installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining computer equipment and software. Supports and provides training to employees in their use of computer hard- and soft-ware; documents troubleshooting processes and updates our Knowledge Base Library; recycles and facilitates inventory of computers and mobile devices; and weekly rotation on-call for emergency IT support during off hours.
Located in Renton, WA, this position reports to the IT System Administrator. NOTE: This position is works on-site 100% of the time.
(50%) IT User Support:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to employees in person, over the phone, via Teams, e-mail or through our IT ticketing system.
- Help develop IT support and process documentation.
- Configure appropriate accounts and access for staff who are onboarding and update access as roles change.
- Delete and remove accounts upon staff offboarding and termination.
- Escalate unresolved incidents to IT Systems Administrator.
- On-call on a weekly rotation for emergency off hour IT support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by IT Systems Administrator
(30%) Equipment Management:
- Configure desktop computers, laptop computers, mobile devices for use by staff.
- Repair or coordinate repair of PCs, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Keep IT inventory up to date.
(15%) IT Infrastructure Support
- Become familiar with Childhaven software and their IT requirements, contributing input and collaborating on technology needs with program staff, administration, and external consultant.
- Deploy software licenses and track inventory of licenses.
- Set up and configure systems and software, and provides user support, according to security standards and designs.
(5%) Other Duties as Assigned:
- Participate in professional development opportunities regarding anti-racism, oppression, and cultural competency and regularly assess own performance and program for related improvements.
- Comply with all Childhaven policies and procedures.
- Comply with the agency's policy and procedure regarding the identification and reporting of child abuse.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or closely related field *OR* 2 years of experience in an IT Help Desk environment.
- Current CompTIA+ “and” Network+ certifications are allowed as substitutions for an associate’s degree.
- Able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently sit, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift 10 lbs and occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Cleared background check.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and auto liability insurance. Must be able to travel between sites and transport equipment between sites.
- Able to comply with Childhaven policies, practices, and procedures.
We are dedicated to recruiting candidates who reflect the diversity and lived experiences of the communities we serve. Multilingual and multicultural candidates are encouraged to apply! In addition to position specific qualifications, preferable skills include:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly desired.
Childhaven has committed to equitable compensation practices, including pre-determining what roles require and the qualities needed from the individual that will fill the role. To achieve this, Childhaven uses a grade and step approach to determine the compensation of each team member.
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, Respect, and Reflection. Here’s a bit of what we offer our staff:
- We believe in a fully transparent hiring process.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account (FSA), healthcare reimbursement account, and 403(b) savings program. A full listing of benefits is available.
- Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and educational topics, advocacy, and more.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and our antiracism council, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
Childhaven values organizational culture and professional development. Team members at Childhaven have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through the following:
- Project work groups
- Clinical and/or reflective supervision
- Community advocacy and engagement
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Racial Equity Council (DIREC)
***HOW TO APPLY***
Please apply through our website. If you require an accommodation to participate in the application or selection process, please let us know.
This position will be open until filled; applicants are encouraged to apply. In addition to completing the application online, please attach a resume and cover letter when prompted.
Childhaven would like to get an accurate understanding of each applicant’s experience and interest.