Southeastern Electric Cooperative is looking for a Member Service Coordinator in our South Sioux Falls office. This position will be responsible for assisting members, maintaining database information, processing orders, troubleshooting information, and working closely with all departments in the organization to ensure continuity of service and accuracy of system records.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Receive and deposit payments on account and enter payments into the consumer accounting software to maintain current account information.
- Process online banking files to apply payments to member accounts.
- Process Lock Box secure payment upload to post payments to accounts.
- Process Recurring Credit Card and Bank draft processes on due date monthly.
- Assist with onsite software and IT hardware issues.
- Assist in training activities for computer and mobile applications.
- Assist in answering incoming calls, determines purpose of callers, assist callers as much as possible before forwarding calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Serve as first-line responder for marketing calls, load management calls, new customer applications, member payment program inquiries (such as auto-pay, credit card payments, online payments, etc.) and billing questions (such as current balance, usage inquiries, high bill complaints, setting up payment arrangements, etc.).
- Process returned checks and notifies the member-consumer of the charges and balance due on their account.
- Assist with requests for levelized billing by determining qualifications, levelized billing amount and corresponding with the member-consumer. Monitor levelized billed accounts on a periodic basis for possible adjustments.
- Initiate the refund procedures for consumer deposits based on the guidelines established by the Cooperative on a systematic basis.
- Assist with member-consumer accounting and collecting by following the collections procedures established by the Cooperative, preparing adjustment vouchers and administering low-income energy assistance programs.
- Assist in troubleshooting usage concerns for member accounts.
- Resolve complaints by investigating issues and composing responses, referring non-standard complaints and potential lawsuits to legal or government affairs departments.
- Create and complete service orders in data processing system to maintain member-consumer service information.
- Prepare and submit information to new member-consumers.
- Analyze department activities to determine areas of improvement. Makes recommendations to the Member Services Supervisor for improvements in the department.
- Promote good member and public relations within the department. Renders prompt, efficient, courteous and reliable service in a safe and orderly manner.
- Utilize safe working practices and reports immediately all accidents involving personnel, assigned equipment, and/or materials and supplies to the Member Services Supervisor.
- Maintain a level of continuing education to keep informed on current developments in related areas.
- Organize and maintain filing system and files correspondence and other records.
- And more!
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written, with both internal and external customers.
- Effectively manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Excellent 10 key skills with high level of data entry accuracy.
- Basic algebra/geometry skills.
- Strong technology knowledge with experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Positive, confident, professional demeanor along with a helpful, can-do attitude.
- Ability to be at work consistently and on time.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Eligible to work in the United States and possess a good command of the English language.
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive Pay starting at $28-$33/hr, DOE
- Medical, Life, LTD, STD, Retirement Plan, 401k Plan and AFLAC
- Employer HSA/HRA contributions
- Wellness Program Incentives
- Vacation, Sick and Holidays
Southeastern belongs to an alliance of more than 750 Touchstone Energy cooperatives in 46 states. Touchstone Energy provides a unified face for the small business that own and service rural America's 2.5 million miles of power line. By working jointly, this network of small co-ops generate services that would normally require the resources of a national corporation. Touchstone Energy co-ops are owned by the members they serve and are committed to providing reliable electricity at the lowest price possible. In short, co-ops "look out" for the members they serve.
The Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Cooperative will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.