Vision Electric is dedicated to providing customer service that is second to none. We are looking for an Electrical Engineer who is dedicated to ensuring our jobs are designed and executed within the scope of work.
- In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, our benefits package and our "small family shop" work atmosphere encourages our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
• Health insurance
• Tool Purchase Program
• Paid continuing education
• Paid training
• Advancement and career growth opportunities available.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will support development on systems and projects as well as integrate designs into large scope development projects while managing schedule and cost implications. Successful candidates will have proven experience in product development from concept to implementation.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Product design and development, selection and testing of electrical components, preparation of specifications, design of testing procedures, calculations, research investigations, and report preparation with support/direction of leadership
- Work with other team members to integrate designs with large scope development projects
- Provide support for new products recommend alternative solutions by examining such criteria as make-versus-buy, reusing existing hardware/software versus new designs, cost versus benefits, reliability, scheduling, etc.
- Execute tasks among multiple projects concurrently
- Develop and manage priorities to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Design cost effective solutions
- Support engineering of core systems across multiple platforms
- Function as a technical resource to other team members
- Maintaining CAD, product data management
- Identify opportunities for product improvements and/or cost reductions.
- Maintain focus on continuous improvement through researching and sourcing innovative, cost-efficient business solutions and making recommendations to leadership
- Execute work tasks in accordance with standard procedures and policies
- Comply with all applicable OSHA, EPA, electrical codes, UL standards, local regulatory laws, and company safety policies
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Associates degree in relatable field with equivalent experience will be accepted
- Min 2 years experience with electrical design CAD packages.
- Licensed engineer with the ability to issue stamped drawings throughout the Midwest, particularly Iowa and Nebraska.
- Capable of design and development of electrical control assemblies and software
- Knowledge of industrial electrical layouts and components
- Knowledge of various industries including but not limited to commercial, industrial, and agricultural.
- Collaborate and interact with multiple teams and departments
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code (NEC NFPA 70), NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) 79 - Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery, UL Standard 508
- Proven analytical skills
- Exposure to testing development, execution, interpretation
- Minimal travel required with limited notice to identify and assist with field problems, potential client site investigations, or other related engineering activities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining organization, be highly motivated, focus on accuracy of execution, exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities, leadership, problem solving, organizational, training, and PC skills are required.