Morgan Corp is looking for a difference maker to support our Industrial Division in the role of Safety Manager. Morgan Corp has established itself as an industry leader in providing a safe work environment for its employees and a professional performance to our clients. With each new accomplishment, Morgan Corp raises its EHS performance standards, and we are looking for a candidate with a similar mindset geared to continuous improvement.
Ideally the right person will have experience training and managing safety in the industrial construction industry. The position can be based out of Spartanburg, SC, Charlotte, NC, or Savannah, GA. The right candidate will have credible construction expertise and can effectively communicate with members of our industrial division. Morgan Corp provides ample opportunity for professional growth of our leaders. Morgan Corp.'s Industrial Division has worked in the following areas over the last year: Hydro dam retrofit, Major confined space work during a plant outage, construction of a new wastewater treatment plant in a mine, major concrete placement by pump truck in a nuclear setting, earthwork and installation of electrical duct bank, geo-structural engineering and pre-cast bottomless culvert installation.
- Work with management to plan and execute project safety efforts.
- Identify project training needs.
- Vet and qualify subcontractors prior to contract award.
- Travel to project sites to train, audit, and assist in EHS management.
- Deliver training to craft and management personnel in the field.
- Be present and engaged in team planning and work execution.
- Represent Morgan Corp in client safety meetings.
- Observe and influence safety performance using Behavior Based Safety principles.
- Investigate accidents to determine root cause and effective corrective actions.
- Manage injury cases focused on caring for the employee.
- Confirm subcontractor compliance with MC safety requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 6+ years of combined civil and industrial construction experience.
- Knowledgeable about equipment operation and trade work.
- Experience in plant setting industrial work is beneficial.
- CSP, CHST, or other EHS certifications appreciated.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health benefits and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
About Morgan Corp:
Morgan Corp. has been a leader in commercial and industrial site development since 1945. Our expertise includes a multitude of services – site preparation, landfills, underground utilities, soil stabilization, roller compacted concrete, and water resources. Our Industrial Division acts as a heavy industrial general contractor capable of self-performing structural concrete, structural steel, equipment installation, piping, and electrical scopes.
With offices in Spartanburg, Charlotte, Savannah, and Raleigh, we serve the entire Southeast region. Our company delivers quality projects by focusing on safety, people, and relationships. The construction field requires a lot of attention to detail and patience to ensure our own, and one another’s, safety. Let our competitively low incident rate, low EMR, and extensive work hours without a lost-time injury speak for how dedicated we are to our employees’ safety. Our culture of integrity, respect and collaboration promotes teamwork and a sense of purpose. Through innovation and discipline, we apply our knowledge and experience to maximize value.
For additional company information, please visit us at www.morgan-corp.com