At Bensonwood, we strive to uphold the core values of quality, work ethic, teamwork, inclusivity, humility, and continuous improvement in everything we do. As a design-build company located in Walpole, NH, we are seeking a MEP Designer and Energy Specialist to join the team.
Support project managers, architects, and engineers with energy analysis and MEP / HVAC design through all stages of project development, as well as R&D efforts throughout the company. Consult with clients and sub-contractors to recommend high performance systems and assemblies. This role will be located in our Walpole or Keene, NH facilities.
- Energy Code Research & ResCheck/ComCheck code compliance reports
- Manual J calculations (heating system load and mechanical system sizing)
- Energy load modeling for system and product comparisons and PV sizing
- Mechanical systems recommendations
- Thermal/moisture analysis and building science consultation
- Facilitate energy/green certification programs, state incentive/rebate coordination
- MEP Schematic Plans
- MEP 3D modeling
- WrightSoft energy load calculation
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, in Environmental, Mechanical, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Sustainability Management, Urban Planning or a related subject.
- 3+ years of experience in construction, architectural, engineering or design-build office
- Knowledge of LEED, WELL and other Sustainability, Resiliency and Equity rating systems.
- Experience with energy ratings for the certification of homes to energy efficiency standards
- Passive House certification preferred
- Proficiency in 3D B.I.M. software (Revit, Cadwork, or equal), Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat (PDF), WrightSoft
Additional attributes of success
- Positive, can-do team player with strong problem solving skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- Complete assignments accurately
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
- Ability and flexibility to take on other responsibilities as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
- This is a full-time position.
- Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience
- Benefits include: medical insurance, holidays, paid time off, voluntary dental insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary short-term disability, 401(K), and profit sharing
- To learn more about Bensonwood and to apply online, visit our website at http://bensonwood.com.
More about Bensonwood and our values:
Our commitment to quality craftsmanship and next-generation technology is reflected in our approach to creating homes and commercial structures that prioritize the health and wellbeing of people and the planet. We specialize in customizable standards-based architecture and offer fully custom design/build services for projects requiring the highest levels of energy efficiency and minimal on-site building time.
Teamwork and inclusivity are important aspects of our company culture. We believe that diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to achieving our goals, and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage women and minorities to apply.
At Bensonwood we recognize that a good work ethic is important, there is always room for improvement, and we are constantly seeking ways to do better. We prioritize continuous improvement by staying up-to-date with the latest industry standards and trends, and by always looking for ways to innovate and improve our processes.
We believe that everyone on our team plays an important role in achieving our goals, and that nobody is above a job that needs to be done. We approach our work with humility, recognizing that we are part of a larger community and that our actions have an impact.
Our commitment to sustainability is at the core of everything we do, and we take every opportunity to minimize waste and prioritize the use of bio-based non-toxic and low embodied energy materials. Whether it's a small task or a large project, we approach every job with the same level of dedication and attention to detail, because we know that each and every action we take has an impact on our community and our planet.