Job Title – Insurance Risk Manager
Location – Montgomery (preferred)
What You Will Do
Provide direction on and be main point of contact for SDI program and provide support for Property Casualty insurance coverage and claims.
Subcontractor Default Insurance
Goal: Develop and Lead the SDI program at Caddell into both a risk mitigation tool and a consistent profit stream over the long-term
- Evaluate subcontractors for enrollment based on pre-qualification process information
- Communicate decision on enrollment to the requestor
- Participate in enrollment decision override meetings
- Maintain evaluation of subcontractors with SDI exposure on a semi-annual basis
- Create and utilize a system to maintain full accounting of SDI loss reserves, evaluation decisions, etc.
- Recommend/implement improvements to the SDI program
- Lead relationship with SDI carrier
- Document processes for compliance with carrier
- Recommend release of excess loss funds as of 9/30 each year to be recognized by year end
- Support operations in pre-qualification evaluations as requested
Property and Casualty Insurance
Goal: Lead the day-to-day duties related to P&C coverages, both domestically and internationally, and assist CFO with annual coverage decisions and captive participation
- Prepare renewal information and applications on time
- Recommend coverage changes to consider
- Calculate and communicate annual standards for insurances
- Reconcile P&C invoices to policy quotes
- Approve P&C invoices in work flow
- Coordinate & track builders risk program (binding, invoicing, extending, crediting)
- Lead/coordinate claims management
- Actively participate in captive meetings (board, RCW, large loss)
- Coordinate/prepare corporate presentation to captive on large losses, if/when they occur
Continuous Training & Improvements
Goal: Keep learning, teaching, and improving
- Train employees on insurance and pre-qualification related topics (SDI program decisions, current trends in subcontractors, etc.)
- Earn and maintain CRIS certification
- Attend AGC and IRMI conferences when appropriate
- Assist Executives with improvement projects/initiatives as requested
- Working Conditions – Office setting, full time
- Reporting Structure – VP of Business Administration and General Counsel
What We Expect
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Working Thorough understanding of policies and best practices of risk management. Excellent verbal and written communication. Strong mathematical and critical thinking skills. Above average analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word. Must be a self-starter.
Education / Experience – Minimum Bachelor degree in Insurance, Finance, Business, Accounting, or related field. 5+ years of experience in property casualty, underwriting or risk management, and SDI. Preferred – Construction experience, CRIS certification.
While the salary range is typically between $62,100 - $93,200 annually, applicants are encouraged to share compensation expectations as part of the application process. Caddell honors prior experience, education, and qualifications of applicants in order to make attractive and competitive offers.
Your career matters at Caddell, where there is a strong emphasis on the growth and development of every employee! We’re large enough to take on the most complex construction projects, but we know the contribution of each individual is the key to our success.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.