Job Title – Preconstruction Manager - Commercial
Location – Bentonville, AR., Jacksonville, FL., Phoenix, AZ
Resumes will be reviewed continuously.
Rewards of Working at Caddell – Paid vacations, company paid holidays, company joint funding of medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability plans to full-time employees, 401k, gym membership reimbursement, and use of company condominiums.
What You Will Do
Be part of cross-functional teams in preparing deliverables during preconstruction – including Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents culminating in a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), as well as an occasional hard bid. Additional duties include supporting Operations during buy-outs, change order reviews, and final project reviews when necessary.
- Reviews contract documents and attends/facilitates all pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from prior project estimates, purchase agreements and subcontracts in order to gain information for current project estimates.
- Provides support to personnel preparing estimates for assigned divisions.
- Solicits subcontractor/vendor pricing information.
- Attends regular meetings and helps coordinate the design process in preparation for deliverables during preconstruction.
- Develops schedule of values, assumptions and clarifications, value engineering, and document control log for proposal submissions.
- Coordinates with team preparation for bid day.
- Coordinates with Proposal Department for development of technical portion of proposal submissions.
- Ensures that documentation is logged and filed.
- Ensures that historical information is captured and entered into historical database.
- Working Conditions – Some travel required. Some light lifting may be required (50 lbs.), walking standing, sitting, keyboarding, writing and reading. Work performed in a controlled indoor environment with some onsite visits subject to heat, cold and humid conditions.
- Reporting Structure – Senior Preconstruction Manager, Director of Preconstruction; Senior Project Manager; Construction Executive; Vice President
What We Expect
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office suite - including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with estimating software. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to train and mentor junior employees. Demonstrate a complete understanding of Request for Proposal (RFP) and contract document requirements. Must be a self-starter. Demonstrate ability to develop a preliminary project schedule during the bid stage. Must have a thorough understanding of all construction divisions and general construction knowledge. Must have the ability to travel related to the bid and proposal process, as required.
Education / Experience - Four-year degree in related field and five years of construction related experience required, or 10 years of construction related experience. Experience with multiple construction delivery methods, to include: Design-bid-Build, Design-Build, and Construction Manager at Risk. No certifications or licenses required. LEED Accreditation is a plus.
While the salary range is typically between $88,500 - $132,700 annually, applicants are encouraged to share compensation expectations as part of the application process. Caddell honors prior experience, education, and qualifications of applicants in order to make attractive and competitive offers.
Your career matters at Caddell, where there is a strong emphasis on the growth and development of every employee! We’re large enough to take on the most complex construction projects, but we know the contribution of each individual is the key to our success.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.